Scarbelly Wings (Buffalo Style)

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by s2k9k, Mar 19, 2012.

1. nordo0

nordo0 Fire Starter

What temp do you smoke these at to get the skin crispy? Do you use water in the pan?

nordo0

2. s2k9k

s2k9k AMNPS Test Group

I smoke them around 300*. No water I have sand in my pan.

3. nordo0

nordo0 Fire Starter

If I use water do you think it will keep the skin from crisping up ?

4. sam3

sam3 Smoking Fanatic

Holy Moly! How did I miss this thread.

What a great idea! Those look great!!

5. s2k9k

s2k9k AMNPS Test Group

I just recently put sand in my pan and have done these wings with water before and they still crisped up. They don't get real crispy like if they were fried but they're not rubbery and I make a bunch and freeze them then reheat in a toaster oven and they always come out of there crispy.

patsy yates likes this.
  6. frosty

frosty Master of the Pit

Simple and DELICIOUS!!!  Outstanding, gotta steal that recipe. . . . . . . [​IMG]

7. so ms smoker

so ms smoker Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Dave I love the idea and tried it with chicken legs. I call it 'hot legs'. It is awesome! I did not have Franks hot sauce so I used Crystal hot sauce. They were great! Three of us ate 15 legs in no time. Just could not stop going back for more!Thanks for the idea.

Mike

8. nordo0

nordo0 Fire Starter

Thanks nordo0

9. Look amazing!!!! I'm going to try this next time I do wings! Thanks for the great idea!

10. jpenny2525

jpenny2525 Fire Starter

Them some tasty looking wings you got there! [​IMG]

11. johnn9

johnn9 Newbie

they look wonderful!! its on my todo list!! However I'm still gona sauce the heck out of em as thats how i like it I dont feel right eating wings if I don't need a bath afterwards LOL

12. so ms smoker

so ms smoker Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  13. s2k9k

s2k9k AMNPS Test Group

Thanks Mike, and everyone else for the great comments. I have done drumsticks too and came out great. I even injected whole split breasts with hot sauce then shredded them for sammies. There are many options and so many sauces to try, just use whatever you like and keep em coming!!!

14. gunny r

gunny r Fire Starter

Great idea. I will have to make me some, may even let my better half have some.

15. russg

russg Fire Starter

Man that looks good.  I am going to try it this weekend!

16. Brilliant!! [​IMG]

17. hot hands

hot hands Newbie

have not even started smokin yet,my head is spinning from so much information

i think i will take a picture and eat the picture yummy

18. Was trying to figure on what I want to grill this weekend....those wings are definitely on the list!

19. Holy cow Dave, those look absolutely awesome! It's 10 o'clock and I'm salivating. I'm going to smoke me some hot wings with this recipe soon. lol. Thanks for the recipe and idea.

Bob

20. wow, those look awesome!