• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Scam Warning

texan

Smoke Blower
OTBS Member
Joined May 27, 2007
Watch your credit card statement for some bulls%*t membership charge from shopperdiscounts.com. I had a $10 charge appear on my credit card statement from these nuts with an 800 number next to it. I called the number and found that we were enrolled in some discount program and the fee was $10 a month. I couldnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t figure where it came from or how we got enrolled, but immediately cancelled the service and disputed the charge with my credit card company. I received a confirmation of cancellation and my credit card company told me that if they charge me again, then they can take action. In the meantime, as a courtesy they reversed the charge because it would cost more to jack with them at this point then to just write it off. I did a Google on them and saw tons of complaints from various consumer sites all over the place. Again, I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t know how it got there, how we got enrolled or anything.

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
There alot of things like that going on lately and double charges from gas companies tha are legal too!

watery eyes

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined May 21, 2007
Just hope that they don't sell your information to someone else.

Seems the farther we advance technologically....the further back we can go socially at times.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.