Scallops & Smoked Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Scallops & Smoked Sausage

This is another Surf & Turf, but I can’t use that as a Subject line all the time.
However I still have some Scallops left from the last time they were on sale from $17.95 down to $10.95.

So this time I coated them on both sides with Olive Oil, and then some Old Bay on both sides too.
Then for my favorite way to make these—In a Pan with Butter—Dang I love that !!!!
Then I flip them around long enough to get them done, but not too done.
Then it’s into a Bowl with some of that Bubbling Melted Pan Butter.

Then I put together one of my leftover Smoked Sausages in a Hot Dog Roll, with Mrs Bear's BBQ Sauce, and set it right on top of my Scallops to avoid dirtying another plate, or wasting a Paper Plate!!
Boy do I ever love Smoked Sausage & Buttery Scallops!!!

That’s all there was to it——It don’t take much to make a Hungry Bear Happy!!

Thanks for Looking,

Bear

Eight nice Scallops ready for some Olive Oil & Old Bay:
IMG_3819.jpg

Oh Yeah!!!
IMG_3820.jpg

Ready for the Pan:
IMG_3821.jpg

Getting all Warm & Tasty in some Butter:
IMG_3822.jpg

Just about Done:
IMG_3823.jpg

Just poured the Bubbly Pan Butter over these. Now I'm really getting Hungry!!!
IMG_3824.jpg

A Meal Fit for a Bear!!
IMG_3825.jpg

Looks really tasty bear, I had some of both of those this week. Scallops in a seafood salad and sausage in an Italian sausage sammie.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks really tasty bear, I had some of both of those this week. Scallops in a seafood salad and sausage in an Italian sausage sammie.

Point for sure
Chris

Thank You Chris!!
I got more Scallops---Been nursing them so I don't run out so fast.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Thank You Chris!!
I got more Scallops---Been nursing them so I don't run out so fast.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Seafood seems to be on sale around here almost bi-weekly this summer. I'm almost sick of eating it - NOT

Chris

big like bear, looks delicious, wish I could find some of those scallops at that price around here. I definitely would stock up

I love Scallops , Those look really good

Nice !!

Gary

Wish we could get those size scallops down here! This is a meal I could eat almost EVERY day. Like the Old Bay on it too. I have only used it for crab cakes. Learn something every day. Many likes sir.
Don

Bear,
Those scallops look wonderful. Are they fresh or previously frozen scallops?. No matter which way, those look great!!

Seafood sales, non existent this far inland. And we do love it. Whenever and wherever we go out to eat, the wife orders shrimp.

big like bear, looks delicious, wish I could find some of those scallops at that price around here. I definitely would stock up

Thank You Jim!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I love Scallops , Those look really good

Nice !!

Gary

Thank You Gary!!
I wish they were as cheap as Shrimp!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks great Bear! I wish I could eat scallops a lot more.

The old bay is a nice touch. I used to be heavily into old bay...I would put it on buttered toast and bagels.

An intervention was needed when I tried it on a powdered donut...now I only use it here and there but there’s always a can in the cabinet.

Like!

Wish we could get those size scallops down here! This is a meal I could eat almost EVERY day. Like the Old Bay on it too. I have only used it for crab cakes. Learn something every day. Many likes sir.
Don

Thank You Don!!
Appreciate the Like.

Bear

Nice love them scallops. Wonder how they would do in that air fryer?

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
I thought about the Air Fryer, but I like Scallops swimming in Butter, and Making them in the Air Fryer would be more like Grilling them, and I regard them as a little too delicate for that kind of cooking.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Bear,
Those scallops look wonderful. Are they fresh or previously frozen scallops?. No matter which way, those look great!!

Thank You Craig!!
These were right the way I like to buy them.
They were Frozen individually & bagged loose.
So I can open the bag, take 8 scallops out to thaw, and close the bag back up & back into the freezer.
I hate when things are all frozen solid together, so you have to thaw the whole thing all at once!!!

Bear

Seafood sales, non existent this far inland. And we do love it. Whenever and wherever we go out to eat, the wife orders shrimp.

Thank You Rider!!
I usually order "Broiled Seafood Sampler", unless they have Fried Oysters.

Bear

Looks great Bear! I wish I could eat scallops a lot more.

The old bay is a nice touch. I used to be heavily into old bay...I would put it on buttered toast and bagels.

An intervention was needed when I tried it on a powdered donut...now I only use it here and there but there’s always a can in the cabinet.

Like!

Thank You Xray!!
Hmmm, I never tried it on anything but Fish & Seafood.---So Far

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky