Say ELK Sausage

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by nepas, May 7, 2011.

1. nepas

nepas Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Oh Yeah

A friend dropped off a bunch of these 2 lb packs today and said make yourself something.

[​IMG]

2. roller

roller Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

3. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

It says chili meat on the package.  I'd start there.[​IMG]Smoked meat loaf/meat balls, etc.  Nice score.

4. couger78

couger78 Smoking Fanatic

I see chili, I see sausage, I see more sticks, I see jerky, I see bologna, I see.........

.[​IMG]

5. nepas

nepas Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Course grind on the elk. Looks like a stick time. Pretty lean as i thought so its going to get a cut in.

Still frozen. Just a tad over 4 1/4 lbs. When thawed prob looking at 4 lbs

[​IMG]

Mix

[​IMG]

6. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

[​IMG]    [​IMG]

7. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

You'd think one of the NEPAS triplets would give us some Beef Sticks to gnaw on while we wait.

I'm getting a little tired of popcorn!!!

Bear

8. roller

Bear try some Cornbread dipped in some Butter Milk Chicken Marinate....[​IMG]

9. nepas

10. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

OK  Big box!

[​IMG]

11. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I saw that one---After the marinating gives you more flavor---LOL---That was funny.

Bear

12. nepas

Bear

I'm going to drive your way and give you some sticks. Just let me know when the 3 of us can come down...HAHA

Got the pork cut in with the elk, seasoned and ready to stuff-n-smoke tomorrow.

[​IMG]

13. oh man nepas thanks for your help with the stuffer it's in the works. aaaand you guy's should have seen the look on my wifes face when I saw this post sat down and said oh boy can't wait to see more nepas sausage lmao. I always look forward to your sausage posts

14. nepas

Did you contact Kirby or ya just going to build it.

Oh yeah your on the road to being hooked on sausage. I like sausage because you can do so much with it, smoke, bbq, cold smoke, age, dry on and on.

15. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Looks great..

Almost settled in.. gonna start back making sausage next week ...all the frozen stuff and Boykjos is gone..

Craig

16. alaskanbear

alaskanbear Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Making me hungry..lol

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. ak1

ak1 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Wow!!!!!

That looks good so far.

18. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Did you Guy's in America  got the end off the recipe , because     It did not arrived to Africa yet[​IMG]

Ahron[​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  19. roller

Louisiana must have blocked it also because it did not mak it here either...

20. nepas

My friend asked me how do the big guys get their casing so soft and chewy?

Thats easy.

Soak the collagen casings. They turn into protein lined casings and hug the meat.

[​IMG]

Extruding sticks from the stuffer.

[​IMG]

My Mc Guiver lazy susan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is whats left in the tube.

[​IMG]

Going with some pellets.

[​IMG]

Lid on so they dont flame up.

[​IMG]

Hanging at 130* for 1.5 hours before some smoke.

[​IMG]

OH YEAH SMOKE SOON.

[​IMG]