Saw this for the first time at Costco. Thoughts?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

worm304

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 12, 2016
IMG_20180419_191836.jpg

At first glance it looked like a big chunk but it's 2 pieces. I thought for a second it was a point but no.

I have always treated it like a skirt steak.
It definitely looks like skirt. When I first saw it from a distance I got all excited because it looked like a point. Hopes dashed.

It definitely looks like skirt. When I first saw it from a distance I got all excited because it looked like a point. Hopes dashed.

I like taking that and skirt camping. I freeze it in marinade then take it with me and cook it on some hot rocks or over the coals directly. It makes great tacos. There is nothing like taking a great piece of meat and throwing it on coals. Yeah, you get a bit of ash but man that tastes good.

Thanks for the input! I might have to give it a go.

I have always treated it like a skirt steak but that packaging is bad. It looks like beavers chewed it instead of a butcher cutting it.

Apprentice meat hacker... ?
I dodge stuff like that. Hell, I'm so tight, I look for skinless filet, so I don't have to pay for the skin on my salmon.

If for any reason you decide you don't like it, you can return it with Costco. ;)

Marinate with pineapple and/or orange juice and seasonings for Fajita meat :)
That thing will be tough otherwise. It might also be wise to beat it with a meat hammer (the kind with "spikes") then marinate it for a few days.

This is how fajitas came to be with cuts of meat like that. Just grill to rare/med rare, slice against the grain, and enjoy in real tortillas with all the fajita taco toppings :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky