Save the Towels (and maybe your marriage)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jonok

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 4, 2019
Michigan, and points north
For years, I was a clandestine rat-holer of towels. I would get them wherever I could, secreting them from the watchful eye of SWMBO in order to have some insulation for a cooler full of smoked meat or frozen fish.

Like most guys, I failed miserably, often accidentally including a “Good” piece of linen someplace it had no right to be, and suffering the slings and arrows of my outraged better half.

Then I had an epiphany.

I went to Harbor Freight and dropped $20 on four moving blankets.
They insulate better than towels, 2 of them will neatly fill all of the extra space in a 128 qt cooler with 4 half pans of meat in it, and they don’t make bad table cloths when I’m serving.
It says not to wash them, but they seem to survive a gentle wash cycle pretty well as long as you hang them to dry, and best of all, I haven’t been in the towel dog house for a couple of years now.

Reactions: ponzLL
Excellent use of the Noggin, Jim!!
Since I've been married 15 years longer than you've been living, I can honestly say you are a "Quick Learner"!!

Bear

Reactions: ponzLL
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky