Sausge Caculator

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

duckybud

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2011
Virginia Illinois
I have made an Excel spreadsheet used to cut or increase the amount of sausage and still keep the same ratio of spices.  I have one for our favorite sage breakfast sausage, Hot Italian, Brats, and Andouille.  If you would like to try them and have Excel on your computer, send me an email.

I am not smart enoigh to post it to the site, so it would work for you.  It makes it very easy to make any amount and the taste stayes the same.  It is set up in grams and fl. oz., just input the amount of trimed meat, it figures the amount of fat and each spice needed down to the .1gm

If any one knowes how to post this so it will work, let me know and I will share with all.

Bud

duckybud @ casscomm.com

Last edited:
Very nice offer Bud, I don't have excel myself but I'm sure others will be bombarding you with emails soon.

If you want to include the spreadsheet in your post I believe you use the paper clip in the reply bar.  I'd be interested in seeing it.  I am sure we can adjust the amount of seasoning in the spreadsheet for our individual tastes.  As long as it isn't a protected worksheet.

Thanks for the offer, I'd be interested to see it if you can get it in a post so others that may come latter have access.

Thank you and I would be interested in having a look at it. Al is correct in saying you should be able to attach it to your post by clicking the paperclip icon and anyone with Excel should not have a problem using it as long as it is not password protected. Thanks again!

...Alesia

I will try as suggested.  Here is the andouule
   B. Danenberger 6/16/20111st    
Put in lb. of lean meat, will convert to grams  0Lb.0grams    

Andouille Sausage Calculator    

Metric  American  
Put in grams of lean meat and rest if figured for you          
Meat    0grams 0.0lb. 

Fat  25%    0grams 0.0lb. 

Total Weight Of Sausage   0grams 0.0lb. 

Kosher Salt    0.0grams 0.0tbl 

Thyme    0.0grams 0.0tbl 

Pepper Flakes    0.0grams 0.0tbl 

Fresh chopped garlic   0.0Tbl. 0.0tbl 

Cayenne Pepper    0.0grams 0.0tbl 

Course Black pepper   0.0grams 0.0tbl 

Paprika    0.0grams 0.0tbl 

Ice Water    0.0Fl.oz. 0.0fl oz 

Cure 1    0.0grams 0.0tsp 

Copys have been sent to all that emailed.  Some of them are going to try to post it up to the site.

Bud

Maybe you can't insert an attachment because you don't have enough posts yet. I think the threshold is 20. Why not try it again, it sounds like a very helpful tool.

Not sure what is wrong but the file should be transfered.  find the file on your computer and link to it.  It should appear as something like     recipe.wks   in the message.  

icon14.gif

Here is a good & easy to use sausage calc (spreadsheet) you can download from Sausage-mania folks.

Thank you Alelover and Sam3 for posting it.  It is set up with the recipe that we like the best.  Just put in the grams of lean meat, and it will tell you the amounts of all the other ingredients.

Bud

I had a couple of emails asking for permission to use these.  Everyone, free to use them in any way they will help.  If you have any questions, post up or send an email I will help any way I can.

Bud

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky