Sausages ~ Foamheart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

foamheart

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
It is HOT! But butts were only .79/lb., I couldn't help myself. Day before yesterday, I deboned, chopped up a cryo-pac of buts, 25lbs.
I made andouille, cajun hot smoked sausage and breakfast links. I was actually out of breakfast links.

IMG_1047.JPG

I let them bloom for two days in the reefer. Hung 'em in the smoker, door cracked and high heat to dewater the sausage and andouille so it would take some smoke. I actually remembered then that it was hot outside. I can handle it..... LOL

IMG_1050.JPG

They are taking on some color I also note that the sausage temp is going crazy hot.... I don't want it to render and loss it. I turned the actual smoker off and it was still mega too hot.

IMG_1054.JPG

I left it as long as possible, I am guessing the smoker was way in excess of 200 degrees turned off.

IMG_1070.JPG

I didn't lose it to rendering but I didn't miss by much.

IMG_1066.JPG

I was going to make a "Steak & Ale" Cheese steak sandwich for supper, but guessing I'll shift gears and make that a smoked hot sausage poboy instead. LOL
There is no holesin the sausage from rendering or from incomplete grinding. Smoked with pecan & Apple. I smell good, I should go out, I know all the babes would follow me home! I'll need to read up though Not sure I remember why I'd want 'em too anymore.

This was the easiest sausage adventure ever. Everything was just like clock work. Took only mins. to separate them and flush the casings, no holes, and they loaded on the tube like a dream. I would until the smoke I would have given this adventure an 11 out of 10!! I have smoked in the heat before, but today was just amazing the difference it made. I was lucky to not have lost it.

Well that's it, Its in the reefer now and tomorrow I'll bag it and tag it cause I am afraid to try another smoke at this time. I mean its still better than anything store bought, just not my usual double smoke that drives the women crazy.

Stay safe out there!!

PS :: Sorry but as usually I can't share recipes on this, they are not mine. BUT I can say the andouille is very very similar to the recipe in the NOLA section of the paper. (That would be "NOLA Andouille recipe".)

Always awesome results , and fantastic color . Thanks for posting .

Always awesome results , and fantastic color . Thanks for posting .
Thanks, it must be that pecan/apple mixture.

looks excellent, glad everything went good, not to often everything goes smooth.
Thanks, Only wrong thing was, I just thought I 100% ready for the high outside temperature. Oh andd I had one blowout, been years since that happened.

Wow, everything looks amazing!
Thanks, I thank this place for so much help over the years.

Wow! Thats a lot of work. They look good.
Thank you. I am glad I am not married, I remember Pop always doing the macho act after a long hard day when he got up the next morning. LOL I think Mom just acted like see didn't notice him do the occasional wince or unconscious rub....LOL She always had that cat that just ate the canary smile.

Nice work the sign of experience
Warren
Thanks, most of iot gained right here.

Looks good foamheart!
Thank ya

Looks awesome Foam! Great Minds....I too bought some of those on sale butts to make sausages....can't pass that up! Like!
Thank you. And the Butts I got were beautiful, bright red and huge.

foamheart foamheart Where does the line form to buy your sausage?
Thanks

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky