Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

up in smoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m getting ready to whip up some Hot Stik with High temp cheese, but I want to add Jalapeno to the mix. There is a place outside of Pittsburgh that makes the best *#@%** jalapeno cheese beef stick I ever stuffed in my face, course he canâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t/wonâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t share his secret (I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t really blame him). So my question is …do I use use minced up deseeded jalapenos, or do I dry some pods and then grind em up? I couldâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]nt really ascertain any bits of jalapeno in the snackstick. I could sure use some gastronomic input from yâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]uns guys.

If it's hot it has to have the seeds. If you deseed it, it will taste like jalepeno without any heat. I like to run whole fresh jalepenos through the food processor (or meat grinder). Just cut the stem off and chop it up real fine, you get a lot of kick that way. :evil:

By the way, thanks for posting about the Canadian Bacon the first time. You got me to thinking about doing it and I tried it and loved it.

Ain't this place great? :D

Have you smoked that sausage yet. If so, how'd it turn out, which way did you incorperate the japs? Goose breast sounds awesome!! Is it store bought, or hunted..?

You could also use ground jalapeno, which I assume is dried and the ground. It would incorporate like any other spice. I got mine at Savory Spices in Denver. It is really potent. When I bought it, the girl putting it in the jar said it was her least favorite spice to handle. Dumb me! I didn't listen and just had to open it in the car on the way home. Just wanted to taste it. I'd have had more fun driving a spike up my nose.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky