sausage seasoning companies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Homers1951

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
I would be interested to learn more about the various sausage seasoning companies several of you order from. Canada and the US. Thanks. Barry

A.C. Legg INC. I ordered this through Amazon

Reactions: tallbm
I started with TheSausageMaker & continue to use their blends, but I have to say that you need to add about 1/4-1/3 more seasoning than they recommend.
They are a bit bland, but have the right flavor profile for us, so I just use a bit more & am a happy camper.
Al

There are so many to choose from but if you get on the mailing list these companies offer you can get some really good deal's. For instance TSM has offered free shipping with no limit on spending like so many others make you pay a minimum of 50 bucks to qualify for the free shipping. Everyone's taste buds are different but members on this site give pictures and reviews of most products that are available. Like Al stated , You may want to add some extra spice to a mix to satisfy your personal preference . Good luck shopping....

1 2019 SausageFlyerFont.jpg
1 2020 TheOne.jpg

Grandpa Josh is where my son-in-law and his family get their sausage seasonings.
Hi Mountain is their favorite jerky seasoning.
They process around a ton of beef, pork, and venison per year.
I got it backwards in original post.
Grandpa Josh is what they use for sticks and jerky.
Hi Mountain is what they use for sausage from the German Sausage Kit and add high temp cheese.
I love it too. My wife does not. She prefers venison in a breakfast sausage

I got it backwards in original post.
Grandpa Josh is what they use for sticks and jerky.
Hi Mountain is what they use for sausage from the German Sausage Kit and add high temp cheese.
I love it too. My wife does not. She prefers venison in a breakfast sausage
I have always liked Hi Mountain jerky mixes. They are in many stores up here in Canada that carry Hi Mountain products. Never tried their sausage mixes. Thanks,

If you buy a 10# summer sausage mix pack how does one add 1/4-1/3 more of the seasoning?
Honestly i didn’t know they sell small batches like that. I always buy the canisters & they are good for about 100# of sausage. But as said above. You could just use less meat, unless the blend has cure in it, and I don’t think any of their seasoning mixes have cure in them.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky