Sausage Balls

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oh man Disco I just saw this...looks like those cheddar garlic biscuits from Red Lobster mixed with sausage! Yum! LIKE!
They are delicious but they are not biscuit like. The high sausage and cheese content makes them more sausage/cheese cooked texture than biscuit.

Thanks, Chris! How about posting your wife's chicken recipe. Sounds great!

Will do in the near future. It's basically chicken breast put through her grinder seasoned with minced garlic and onions, shredded cheddar cheese, ginger, butter, franks hot sauce, chili powder, baking soda, Italian seasoning,and paprika. Formed to about the size of a golf ball, dipped in an egg wash and coated with breadcrumbs. We used to deep fry them. Now I toss them on the Kettle using the Vortex at full throttle. We're trying to still enjoy some deep fried foods without actually deep frying them. Getting older. Sorry it's not a complete recipe.

Chris

Reactions: disco
Ok Disco, You've got me on this one! Hook line and sinker...
The Disco balls are spinning in my head now!

I may try a batch of these with CarbQuick instead of flour since I'm back on the low carb thing. Thanks for sharing!

Will do in the near future. It's basically chicken breast put through her grinder seasoned with minced garlic and onions, shredded cheddar cheese, ginger, butter, franks hot sauce, chili powder, baking soda, Italian seasoning,and paprika. Formed to about the size of a golf ball, dipped in an egg wash and coated with breadcrumbs. We used to deep fry them. Now I toss them on the Kettle using the Vortex at full throttle. We're trying to still enjoy some deep fried foods without actually deep frying them. Getting older. Sorry it's not a complete recipe.

Chris
Sounds great!

Well, I gotta say those look great Disco. Just mot sure how to get my MES up to 400 degrees and still have a smoker the next day. LOL.
So what's the secret to them not being greasy?? I've never had a sausage ball that wasn't.
POINT!!!
Gary
Thanks, Gary! The recipe was originally done in an oven so you can save your MES! The secret is to get just the right balance of biscuit and sausage. Most use more sausage and are therefore greasy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky