• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Saturdays CSRs with Q-View

wlkwichita

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 18, 2010
 Picked up some decent looking CSRs at Dillons. Rubbed them lightly with McCormack Pork rub and smoked over apple at 230F. Somked two hours, then foiled with a bit of Dr. Pepper and back in the smoker for another hour. Unfoiled them for 45 minutes and then finishd with some Sweet Baby Rays and a quick sear on the grill.

The foil duration was just right for me this time. the meat was more tender, but not fall off the bone.

Last edited:

bassman

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 15, 2007
Excellent CSRs!  I could handle a few of those.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Oh yeah---Looking real good!

No problem polishing off a few of them !

Bear

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
I love a good CSR and those look great

tom37

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 24, 2009
I gotta agree with the general population. They really do look great!!!

I haven't had CSR's since way back when my mom made them at home when I was a kid. In the oven just don't cut it, even the ones she did on the grill were not good.

After seeing yours, I think I need to put them on the to do list.

Thanks for sharing.

kevink

Fire Starter
Joined Oct 26, 2010
Looks so so good.  Did any DP flavor get in there?  That sounds like a great idea.

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 18, 2007
CSR's are on my list of things to make for supper this week. I love CSR's!

wlkwichita

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 18, 2010
I only used the Dr. Pepper because I discobered that I was out of apple juice. I am not really sure there was any "Pepper" flavor or not, but these CSRs were good.

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Now your ribs look awesome to me. You say you used some Dr. Pepper so did it add much flavor ??

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.