Santa Maria style Tri tip, Garlic bread and beans 4 grandsons 1st b day.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You got the most important picture and that is of the Birthday boy enjoying himself.

Good job

Reactions: flatbroke
Looks great very nice indeed and the Grandson pic with that cake is awesome

Looks great very nice indeed and the Grandson pic with that cake is awesome
Thank you for the kind words. It was a real fun day. I told the Wife he will be getting one of my smokers LOL

Thank you for the kind words. It was a real fun day. I told the Wife he will be getting one of my smokers LOL
Yeah in the next year or two he'll want to climb in and play in Jake so you might want to wait a few years for him to get control of it :emoji_laughing:

• Haha
Wow Flatbroke everything looks delicious very nicely done. I’ve not seen anyone cook that much tritip to such perfection. You’ve definitely got skills with those Santa Maria grills and tritip.

Wow Flatbroke everything looks delicious very nicely done. I’ve not seen anyone cook that much tritip to such perfection. You’ve definitely got skills with those Santa Maria grills and tritip.
Thank you. You are too kind.

That is a lot of Tri-tips to cook at once and looks like they turned out perfect.

Question? is that a community pit or in your back yard? Either way doesn't matter
I am just curious.

I had the opportunity to cook for a small gathering celebrating my youngest grandsons first birthday and wanted to share. I’m not as accomplished a cook nor as verbose as a lot of you here but nobody went away hungry or sick so it was a win win. I cheated and started a coal bed with kingsford for the sake of time. Then added oak wood to cook.
Trimmed the meat that needed it and placed them on when ready. Im not a golfer but the clubs come in handy for saving arm hair when flipping meat over a hot fire.

after they were starting to come off I added French bread which I had buttered with 50/50 butter and margarine plus some grated Parmesan cheese. Cooked those wrapped for a while before browning on grate.
Had a pretty good pot of beans everyone seemed to love. Thanks for looking.
View attachment 661594
View attachment 661603View attachment 661602View attachment 661601View attachment 661592View attachment 661593View attachment 661595View attachment 661596View attachment 661597View attachment 661598View attachment 661599View attachment 661600
Forgot to add the best pics of all. Must be old age.
View attachment 661606View attachment 661607

Looks fantastic thnks for sharing

That is a lot of Tri-tips to cook at once and looks like they turned out perfect.

Question? is that a community pit or in your back yard? Either way doesn't matter
I am just curious.
thank you. this pit is at the Veterans Park. It is easier for jump houses and clean up etc.

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
Heck of a job FB everything looks spectacular.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky