Santa Maria Grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
They do block more of the meat but it makes nice cross hatch grill marks if you are a flipper like me. The V-grates drain the melting fat and keep it from dropping into the fire and flashing. I have thought about making a traditional grate to drop in to see which I like better.

thank you. It one of the things holding me up. Im also concerned about a windbreak, which the drop down face seems to fix. Nice job on the covers. That may be worth a writeup on its own :emoji_wink:

They do block more of the meat but it makes nice cross hatch grill marks if you are a flipper like me. The V-grates drain the melting fat and keep it from dropping into the fire and flashing. I have thought about making a traditional grate to drop in to see which I like better.

As you know my son and I are building the “X-Fire Grill” and we will have a ss-v grate and a ss-3/8 rod grate. It will be up and running in a few more weeks so I will do a side by side comparison for you!

Wow, Santa Maria tri-tip on a Santa Maria grill, located in (or near) Santa Maria.

That has to be the best tri-tip ever made.

That is one gorgeous backyard, and you chose a great centerpiece.

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
As you know my son and I are building the “X-Fire Grill” and we will have a ss-v grate and a ss-3/8 rod grate. It will be up and running in a few more weeks so I will do a side by side comparison for you!

I’ll be looking for that review. Thx!

Wow, it's been over 4 years since I started this post. There is not much to update about it but I have used it year round since it was installed. I did recently re-paint the wheels and locks since the red had turned a faded pink. I also just added a set of cast iron grates that fit it perfectly.

2023_new_grates_for_pit.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky