• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Salmon Smoker

kenaismoke

Joined Feb 1, 2014
Hey out there! I'm glad to join this community of smokers and foodies. I am a trained chef with 20 years experience in the restaurant biz and an active food blogger. I use only a little chief for my smoking and other than smoking clams once, halibut once, and turkey once I smoke Alaskan salmon exclusively. Having lived on the Kenai River for years(back in the 80's and 90's) I have smoked  Pink Salmon, Red Salmon, Silver Salmon and King Salmon(my fav) and have messed around with different wood chips but mainly use apple/alder mix. I usually brine in the teriyaki marinade for 6-8 hours, then air dry for 2-4 hours before firing up the little chiefs. I consider myself an expert salmon smoker(with 30 years of smoking) and am happy to help you all in any way I can to get a tasty salmon treat.

cmayna

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 23, 2012
Welcome from one Salmon smoker to another.  I have two Big Chiefs which are dedicated to King Salmon since the wife catches a butt load during the season.  Where are you now located?

gary s

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
[h1]
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

kenaismoke

Joined Feb 1, 2014
I live in North Baltimore, Maryland, but go back to Alaska every year to fish and smoke. The great thing about vac-packed hot smoked salmon is that it last for well over a year.

cmayna

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 23, 2012
I'll be Salmon and Halibut fishing up there in the fall.  See you then

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.