Salmon runnin in smoker. First try.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We made some salmon spread with one. Had it on crackers last night. Then put it in toast and had it with my eggs this morn. Mmm good. Thanks to all.

Nice looking bigorange. What is bearcarvers way?

Question, I also have some fresh salmon ready to smoke. If you throw salmon in with meat at some point, does the fish "takeover" the taste of the meat? Keep them separate or can we combine the two in the same smoker?

Thanks in advance.

Chaos

Question, I also have some fresh salmon ready to smoke. If you throw salmon in with meat at some point, does the fish "takeover" the taste of the meat? Keep them separate or can we combine the two in the same smoker?

Thanks in advance.

Chaos
O man. No idea really. I'm a newbie!! Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in. Tn over sc yah!!

Thanks in advance.

Chaos
In my opinion, there's no question.  Keep them separate, especially if you have meat above or below the fish with the drippings from the product above dripping down onto the below meat or fish.

Last edited:
Cmayna, thanks for the definitive advice...!

Safe day.

Chaos 

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky