• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Safe to use electric smoker on porch?

bsb1113

Joined Aug 23, 2016
I just purchase a 30" masterbuilt electric smoker with plans to keep it on a stand on our back porch (our house is brick). Is it safe to use on the back porch? Or do I have to lug it out every time I want to use it? I bought the master built stand to keep it on, and there aren't any wheels on it.

smokesontuesday

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 25, 2014
I just purchase a 30" masterbuilt electric smoker with plans to keep it on a stand on our back porch (our house is brick). Is it safe to use on the back porch? Or do I have to lug it out every time I want to use it? I bought the master built stand to keep it on, and there aren't any wheels on it.
I use mine all the time within 5 feet of my house. It never gets hot.

nate4g63

Joined Aug 15, 2016
The hottest part I've found on my 30" Masterbuilt has been the glass up front. I have aluminum siding and it sits maybe 8" from it, I couldn't feel a temp change.

little mike

Joined Jun 24, 2016
If under an overhang you might want to use a fan to deflect the smoke from going into your house.  Aim high so as not to affect your smoker.  What I have done anyway.

cmayna

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 23, 2012
If you needed to move the smoker around, you can always mount the smoker's stand to a furniture dolly.  That's what I did with my MES.

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Mine is on a plastic utility cart up against the wood siding. The unit has a plastic storage container over the electronics and sits out year round...JJ

bsb1113

Joined Aug 23, 2016
Thanks so much everyone! Just wanted to see what others did before I assumed it was okay. I used it for the first time yesterday!

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Thanks so much everyone! Just wanted to see what others did before I assumed it was okay. I used it for the first time yesterday!
Mine's been on my front porch for 7 years, and my house is 100% Wood (Log House).

However I would never go away with it smoking.

Never know when something Weird could happen. My house is worth more than any meat I ever smoke.---Even my Prime Ribs!! 

BTW: Here's a bunch of things you can do with that MES (in Step by Step form)----Just click on "Bear's Step by Steps".

Bear

Last edited:

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.