Rubbed my butt....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

squish43

Original poster
Sep 16, 2013
Salem IN
and threw together a couple of sauces to go with it. We've got the Police Department Christmas pot luck last night, so I thought I'd bring a little butt.

It was 9.25lbs and  cooked for a little over 16 hours. With the weather we had yesterday (cold, windy, and snowing) I cheated and had to finish it in the house. Since the BDS was struggling to maintain anything over a 190* temp.....even with the cooker temp maxed out at 320*. I'm still fairly new to smoking meat, but I've noticed a few things. My briskets irregardless of weight (up to 15lbs) all seem to be finished right at the 12 hour mark. Or just over a hour/lb. Boston butts (both had similar weights) seem to take up to 2 hours/lb. Is anyone else having the same kind of results?

The spread at dinner was HUGE. Apparently this stuff was a huge hit. Not only was there no left overs, I had several people ask me how much I'd charge to do one for them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky