rub

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

link523

Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
southeast mi
Is 48 hours to long  for a rub?   I need to smoke a butt/babby backs/spare ribs and chicken monday but leaving saturday morning and not coming back till sunday night

It is going to depend on what is in your rub - if there is a lot of salt I would not go over 24 hours at the most. The majority of us just rub and put in the fridge overnight

Good luck and don't forget the qview

It is going to depend on what is in your rub - if there is a lot of salt I would not go over 24 hours at the most. The majority of us just rub and put in the fridge overnight

Good luck and don't forget the qview
Or you could rub them the day of the cook. I usually prep the meat and rub it then put it back in the fridge and go start the fire. 

I usually prep the meat and rub it then put it back in the fridge and go start the fire. 
LOL, i do it the opposite.........either way 60-30 min prior is fine.and what gary said about the salt.especially on the smaller cuts.

Thanks  We(my wife) make are own rub theres not alot of salt!   I think same day will have to do. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky