Royal Oak Ridge on Sale at Lowes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I had to break down and buy 10 bags a little over a month ago because I was out, I think I payed $4.99, but I'll likely be hitting them up for the rest of the stock I need for the remainder of the year. I'm thinking I'll probably get another 30 bags to get me through until this time next year.

I had to break down and buy 10 bags a little over a month ago because I was out, I think I payed $4.99, but I'll likely be hitting them up for the rest of the stock I need for the remainder of the year. I'm thinking I'll probably get another 30 bags to get me through until this time next year.
They usually have a second sale, near the end of summer. Just in case you don’t have room or are on a budget.

i stocked up on the $1.90 Embers sale a few months ago and don't have any more room. is this a better deal?

Reactions: fivetricks
i stocked up on the $1.90 Embers sale a few months ago and don't have any more room. is this a better deal?

No, the current deal is no where close to that inventory clearing deal HD had for Embers. I stocked up, too, but we're not likely to see that $1.90 / 15.4 lbs, or 12.3 cents per pound deal until another store is clearing out their stock. HD was switching over to 2x20 lb packs of Embers, dumping their 15.4 lb bags.

Thanks for the info. I will get some. If I run out I use the Walmart version.

Stopped by Lowe’s and got myself 10 bags. I didn’t think the stuff was any good until I did some reading on here. Looking forward to trying it in about an hour.

Attachments

• C0C70957-8FDD-4B75-B61C-0A01D477ADF1.jpeg
    C0C70957-8FDD-4B75-B61C-0A01D477ADF1.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 27
Got six bags today . Happy you posted . The in store sign said $6.99 . No sale price . When I asked the guy he said 2 for 8 in the flyer .

Heading out this morning. Thanks for the heads up. My stock is getting way to low.

Chris

I’ve always been a Kingsford user, but converted to RO during the Embers sale, so I’m not familiar with their sales. Is Royal Oak on sale around the 4th and Labor Day also? Just trying to decide how much to buy.

I’ve always been a Kingsford user, but converted to RO during the Embers sale, so I’m not familiar with their sales. Is Royal Oak on sale around the 4th and Labor Day also? Just trying to decide how much to buy.

Varies from year to year, but last year the sales were once in the Spring, then again Memorial Weekend, July 4th Weekend, and Labor Day. Thanksgiving is hit and miss, as is Christmas. I'm well stocked now, but will probably pick some more up around Labor Day instead of running short.

I noticed my nearest HD has more than twice the amount of Embers in stock compared to KBB, but that could change closer to Mem Day. KBB has increased their bag sizes at HD to 20 lbs each from 18.6 lbs, but the new formula still burns too quickly for me.

I loaded a partial WSM charcoal ring with wood and RO this past weekend. Let it burn for an hour to come up to temp, then 6 hours for two untrimmed racks of spares. Didn't bother with the DigiQ. Got it to temp, loaded the meat, slightly adjusted the vents twice after the load the first hour, and it held steady at 250F + or - 3F for the next five hours. My wife like FOTB ribs, and that's what she got (no wrapping, spraying, futzing, etc, though I did sauce with her favorite that last 30 minutes).

Picked up 10 bags of RO and used it for the first time this past weekend. Worked like a charm.

Chris

I’ve always been a KBB fan, but I’ve been hearing lately that people are liking RO over Kingsford. What’s everyone’s take on this?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky