Royal Oak Blue Bag

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chickenwings

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 10, 2019
I'm given to believe that this stuff is Canadian - the RO red bag is US so....I just got my Kamado in Alberta and picked up some RO BB as the RB stuff in the states was, I thought, pretty damn good. Geez, I tried to do pizza last night and I didn't have enough big pieces to run the KJII for two hours! The pizza got done well enough but the failure was apparent (to me, SWMBO said it was fine).

I'm onto KJ Big block now, after tonight's pork apple burgers, but I wanted to know from you guys out there, any issues with RO BB? Big enough chunks or was it like mine, mostly chips?

Thanks!

chips.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: JLeonard
That looks pretty normal to me. The pieces I hate are the smaller ones that drop thru the grate. So what I do is put a layer of briquettes on the bottom, then put the lump on top of that. That way the briquettes keep the lump from falling thru. And IMHO it makes a better coal bed.
Al

Thanks Al. Maybe my expectations are too high and maybe my memory isn't working as well but all will be confirmed tomorrow (probably) when I bust open the bag of KJ Big Block. If you look close, many of those pieces are VERY close to fitting through the grate.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky