Round on the Roti

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sven Svensson

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 5, 2021
Sonoma County, California
I did my first eye of round on the rotisserie.

CBAB3A8B-88C5-466E-BC5E-D8F58983748D.jpeg
I injected it and let it soak for a few hours. I should have left it overnight but it was fine. I ended up with plenty of flavor.

E5221B2E-6E79-4690-B9E4-FB9B37D84806.jpeg
I started with lump charcoal and added a couple splits of local oak. The lid went above it to capture a bit more smoke.

568C11BF-A9AA-424F-AE0A-5D5C47DC9BF2.jpeg
I also decided to use some fat slab trimmings on the two ends to protect the thin parts. It worked perfectly. I’m definitely doing that again.

CCF00E37-EB4D-421C-A9BA-45BCBE459FDA.jpeg
I pulled it at an IT of 125. I was very happy how it turned out. I forgot to take a picture of it on the slicer. Sorry. However…

9DFFFDFB-040B-4416-9669-3904F50C2D1C.jpeg
Here was my humble diet dinner tonight. A couple thin slices of beef on some Wasabröd with a little mustard and kraut. On the side is a bit of Swedish cucumber salad. Nothing fancy but for this old Swede it was great.

Sven, your EOR looks fantastic.
But, I think there is more to your story since there are skewers of chicken in the background.
Will there be a part two?

Stu

Reactions: Sven Svensson
Looks awesome, I love that grill, I wish I could have one. I live in a protected area, I can use charcoal if it is inside a grill like a kettle, but not out in the open.

Sven, your EOR looks fantastic.
But, I think there is more to your story since there are skewers of chicken in the background.
Will there be a part two?

Stu
Haha! The chicken skewers are my protein for my diet salads. I make about 10 lbs at a time and freeze it.

Last edited:
Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
That’s my kind of diet! Awesome rig you have, another one you have me wanting🤣 and great use of it!
I’m starting to favor this over all my other rigs. I love the open wood fire flavor. It’s like camping. It’s the poor man’s Santa Maria grill. Or the guy-with-no-more-room-in-the-backyard’s grill. The rotisserie is really unique as it’s only supported on one end. It’s so easy to regulate temps swinging it around and moving it up and down.

Looks great Sven. I could go for a plate of that. Wasabrod?

Point for sure
Chris

View attachment 634134
I injected it and let it soak for a few hours. I should have left it overnight but it was fine. I ended up with plenty of flavor.

View attachment 634136
I started with lump charcoal and added a couple splits of local oak. The lid went above it to capture a bit more smoke.

View attachment 634141
I also decided to use some fat slab trimmings on the two ends to protect the thin parts. It worked perfectly. I’m definitely doing that again.

View attachment 634142
I pulled it at an IT of 125. I was very happy how it turned out. I forgot to take a picture of it on the slicer. Sorry. However…

View attachment 634143
Here was my humble diet dinner tonight. A couple thin slices of beef on some Wasabröd with a little mustard and kraut. On the side is a bit of Swedish cucumber salad. Nothing fancy but for this old Swede it was great.
Humble dinner my a_ _ Sven. I would eat a plate or two of this anytime. Bookmarked.

It is too bad the dome on the Kudo can't come down more to cover the meat, I bet it would add a ton more smoke to the meat?

How long did you rest the meat before pulling out the center skewer? I was thinking of doing a whole untrimmed Tritip this way but was afraid it would bleed out when removed.

View attachment 634134

View attachment 634136

View attachment 634141

View attachment 634142

View attachment 634143
Det där med lite potatissallad till hade inte suttit fel!

I’m starting to favor this over all my other rigs. I love the open wood fire flavor. It’s like camping. It’s the poor man’s Santa Maria grill. Or the guy-with-no-more-room-in-the-backyard’s grill. The rotisserie is really unique as it’s only supported on one end. It’s so easy to regulate temps swinging it around and moving it up and down.
Very nice and your statement above of a love for the open wood fire echo's very loudly here! Nothing finer in my book!

Humble dinner my a_ _ Sven. I would eat a plate or two of this anytime. Bookmarked.

It is too bad the dome on the Kudo can't come down more to cover the meat, I bet it would add a ton more smoke to the meat?

How long did you rest the meat before pulling out the center skewer? I was thinking of doing a whole untrimmed Tritip this way but was afraid it would bleed out when removed.
Haha! My from-Sweden great-grandmother always described Swedish food as peasant food.

The dome on the Kudu really isn't needed for the rotisserie. I used it because of a slight breeze and tried to get the smoke a bit more. It worked perfectly. When putting stuff on the grates is works amazingly well for smoking low and slow.

I let it rest about 20 minutes and when I pulled it out there was no bleed out. Into a big ziplock it went and in the fridge overnight. The injection was amazing and it turned out crazy moist even after slicing. I lucked out with this method and it will be the standard way I do this from now on.

Reactions: clifish
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky