Rotisserie Info needed.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Haha - yeah well, that half moon CI does fit up there nicely. Since we're on the subject of griddles, here's a deal for a nice little cast aluminum griddle/grate. As I'm sure you know, cast aluminum transfers heat very efficiently and evenly and makes great grill marks. This is a "factory second" but when I got mine it was absolutely perfect. I don't know why they call them seconds other than maybe they have too many of them? It's supposedly an "indoor" griddle/grate, but there is nothing stopping one from using it outside. And you can drill holes in it for smoke vents pretty easily. I used quarter inch bits. :-D https://www.grillgrate.com/products/searnsizzle-grillgrate-for-the-foodi-smart-grill-xl/

That's pretty cool and they are a decent size too. Plus, the price is great.

Reactions: Marknmd
I better not tell Merideth about that. If I remember correctly, ours was white instead of SS.
Guess I'm a hoarder...I seem to have two...one of each, white and stainless. Don't know where the 2nd one came from.

But glad you started this thread as well Chris, very informative!

Ryan

SnS sells a porcelain version which is the less expensive one.
This is the drip pan that I have and I agree it does work as a baffle for the SnS. It sure does a fine job of keeping the kettle clean. I think it is going to work very well with the rotisserie per SecondHandSmoker SecondHandSmoker instructions. Many thanks for the help Stu, especially the temp suggestion.

Yes, the SnS griddle/drip pan as a baffle is a great tool when cooking indirect!

Richie( tropics tropics ) made something similar. It probably wouldn't work as a griddle but it would as a drip pan to keep the kettle bottom clean.

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Guess I'm a hoarder...I seem to have two...one of each, white and stainless. Don't know where the 2nd one came from.
Ryan, I know what you mean. We let ours go when we were downsizing to a smaller house with a smaller kitchen. Merideth wanted to get rid of the Zojirushi bread machine too. Luckily, I talked her out of getting rid of it.

Stu

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Ok, chopsaw chopsaw clifish clifish @SmokinAl, or anyone else that has a rotisserie for a kettle. My wife was asking me what I wanted for Christmas and I told her I kinda of wanted a roto for the kettle. Now I have a couple of questions for you spinners.

1. What brand is recommended. I'm probably looking for an electric roto with a battery back-up?

2. Should I go with a roto for my 22" or 26" kettle?

These are just starter questions. I'm sure I'll have more when I start narrowing down the options.

Thanks in advance
Chris
Chris I do not know what kind of probe you use. I used an inkbird to make a probe usable with a spinner.
Richie

Chris I do not know what kind of probe you use. I used an inkbird to make a probe usable with a spinner.
Richie
Thanks Richie, I have a four probe inkbird that's been sitting on the shelf collecting dust for a while now. I have a pretty good idea on how hot my pits are running thru experience and use an insta read thermometer to tell me when my grub is done. With the majority of members using the roto with the lid off. I may have to break out the 4 probe unit and build a bracket similar to yours until I get comfortable with the hot the kettle is running with the lid off.

Chris

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
I use the Tappecue air probe when I'm using the spinner. Works very well.
Steve since it's an air probe I'm assuming it's wireless? Sorry I'm not familiar with Tappecue products.

Chris

Steve since it's an air probe I'm assuming it's wireless? Sorry I'm not familiar with Tappecue products.

Chris
Yes, wireless. I have the Tappacue 2.

Reactions: RCAlan
Yes, wireless. I have the Tappacue 2.
Thanks
Chris

I recall when Richie posted that spinner mod last year, pure wizardry! I ordered a Meater, the thing never worked so I gave it away. Now I'm tempted to order the Tappacue that Steve has, but I'm pretty darned stupid when it comes to using my smartphone. I've had nothing but good luck with ThermPro products and see Amazon offers this one. I have a gift card burning a hole in my pocket. What to do, what to do?

I just ordered the Tappacue 2 from Amazon, $79. Now when it gets here and won't work I can just send a PM to Steve and he will guide me to victory and salvation, he's a Legendary Pitmaster you know! RAY

And she's off . Not sure how the lid off is gonna work at 40 degrees . I'll let it run a bit and see .
1670187789726.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky