Inkbird Getting Ready To Spin The Meat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Modified my Inkbirdbbq Inkbirdbbq IBT- 6XS to use on my Rotisserie when the snow goes away,
Followed L lamar https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/making-et732-work-on-my-rotisserie.258216/
I had almost the same one he had, not having much of a shop mine was crude but it worked. A few pics of it.
100_5631.JPG 100_5632.JPG
I am using the same bracket for the Inkbird IBT-6XS
DSCN0835.JPG DSCN0837.JPG DSCN0838.JPG
I slide the probe thru the bushing, keeping the wire under the skewer rod
DSCN0842.JPG
You have to figure how much cable is needed to get the probe into the meat
DSCN0839.JPG
Showing with the handle attached
DSCN0841.JPG
Items you will need you do not have to take it apart using the mollies.
You do not have to bend the bracket, once the screws are holding it it should be good.
DSCN0844.JPG
Here is a pic of the mollies I used and( the screws are from shade brackets they are thinner so as not to crack the probe casing) DSCN0846.JPG
DSCN0845.JPG
The back showing the mollies
DSCN0848.JPG
Here is the diagram you can print it and trace it to what ever metal you use for the bracket, I hope this works it is a PDF file sorry it will not allow me to add it as an image
I can send this to your email or PM if you need it.
Can hardly wait to use it.
Richie

Last edited:
Nice Richie . I've been looking for that thread and could not find it. Looks like yours is gonna work great . Thanks bud .

Nice Richie . I've been looking for that thread and could not find it. Looks like yours is gonna work great . Thanks bud .
Rich Thank you it was a crazy idea till I took it apart, Then it was all to easy,
Thanks for the like I appreciate it
Richie

I love it when a plan comes together! Can't wait to see it in use.

Ryan

That is great. Can the bracket be purchased or did you make it! I have a new Rotisserie for my kettle and No ability to fabricate a bracket...JJ

That is great. Can the bracket be purchased or did you make it! I have a new Rotisserie for my kettle and No ability to fabricate a bracket...JJ
JJ Thank You I made the bracket with a pair of tin snips and a drill. I used a cheap SS pan cut it bent it, now I drill holes for the screws
Thank for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

So, is that a homemade bracket to install on the rotisserie so you can use a thermometer with a probe?
Yes it is you can see how the probe wire goes thru the bushing and into the meat.
Richie

Richie, Looks good ,now you need to think spring to use it.
:emoji_blush:
I hear ya this cold and snow has been here to long already. I know you must be getting some nice Perch thru the ice. Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky