Rotisserie Center cut Sirloin .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man that is some nicely marbled bottom round... Where the heck did you get that???

I get the knuckles ( Sirloin ) and the bottom rounds at Gordon's food service , then break them down and clean it up myself .
This is a bottom round flat .
Starts out like this . Actually this is cut in half .
1675267797548.jpeg

Cleaned up and cut into the separate roast / muscle groups .
Ends up like this .
1675267890810.jpeg

Last edited:
That look fantastic. I gotta try this. Knuckle in stock here... I've looked at a number of vids and each seem to do it differently. You are getting 4 roasts from that knuckle?

That look fantastic. I gotta try this. Knuckle in stock here... I've looked at a number of vids and each seem to do it differently. You are getting 4 roasts from that knuckle?
I just do it from a hands on point of view . I don't know if I'm doing it like a pro would or not . Not much gets wasted .

Post 61 is a bottom round flat . The roast that I spun for this thread is a sirloin roast that came from a beef knuckle .
The knuckles start out like this . This is the one I used for this thread .

1675272468349.jpeg

It was a smaller knuckle . I got 2 nice roast and 2 or 3 lbs of trim .
The roast on the left is the one I used in this thread .
1675272516647.jpeg

I took pics of both while breaking them down , just never posted them .

Reactions: zwiller
Thanks. Totally down for the 'rock and roll" approach. I need to read your threads more thoroughly LOL.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky