Root Beer Can Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
that chicken looks pretty good.
drool.gif

That does look great. I want to try that. What temp and how long?

The root beer didnt really affect the flavor of the chicken. I used 1/2 of the can in my brine and the other 1/2 stayed in the can. The brine was your basic salt, brown sugar, root beer, whole peppercorns. Brined it for about four hours and put it in the smoker for about three hours. The wind was giving me fits that day and I had a hard time holding the temp at my target 275 degrees so it took a little longer than it normally would. Once it finally got done (165 degrees) it was nice and juicy and had a great smoke flavor. I kind of agree that the liquid in the can doesn't much matter and your flavor comes from the brine and the smoke so I think I'll stick with the root beer for my chicken and the real beer for me.

I forgot to mention, I mixed some of my dry rub with some melted butter and injected it under the skin and then rubbed the out side with some of the dry rub.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky