(Rookie Smoker) Looking for BBQ wood in Cleveland

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

vosserr

Original poster
Jan 17, 2014
Just bought my first WSM 18.5 and looking forward to entering the world of meat smoking. However, I am not sure about the best spots to purchase BBQ wood/charcoal in the Cleveland area. I plan on starting off with baby back ribs/chicken/pork loin, and then working my way up to beef briskets and so on. I'm also familiar with the Minion Method (YouTube).

Any advice on the ratio of wood or type of wood with charcoal would be tremendous. Even better would be some advice on locations where I can get these fuel sources in the Cleveland area. Much appreciated!

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Hello Vosserr and welcome to the group!  Congrats on that new WSM...those are nice rigs!  You've found a great place to learn and share ideas on smoking, grilling, curing, etc.  There are plenty of good people here who really know their stuff and genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input around here, and just ask when you need anything...someone will surely have the answer.

I am not familiar with your part of the world, but in my neck of the woods, Lowes, Home Depot, and Acadamy Sports are all good places to look for charcoal and wood chunks or chips.  And for lots of great advice and tips on getting the most out of that WSM, browse or post questions over in the Charcoal Smokers Forum:  

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/f/108/charcoal-smokers

There are lots of WSM owners here, so there'll be lots of great help.

Red

Welcome to the forums! We are happy that you joined the group. You'll find plenty of information here with over 1 million posts! Make the search bar at the top of the page your new friend. Or, simply post your question in the area that applies. You'll get plenty of helpful advice. Also consider enrolling in Jeff's 5 day E course. It gives you lots of great information to start you off on the right foot! Best of all is that it's free! Again, WELCOME Brian

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky