Roll Call for KaizersCall

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kaizerscall

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 22, 2012
Weymouth, Mass
Hi Everyone,

I am a NewBee to the site and have to tell ya I am impressed and excited what I see! My name is Richie and I live in Weymouth Mass which is 15 minutes south of Boston. I'm a sheetmetal worker by trade. I enjoy Fishing, softball, cooking, gardening,and most of all my family. I am 41 years old.

I got into BBQ when a friend in work brought in some babybacks that he smoked. WOW! That was it, and I had to learn how to do

these for my self! My buddy walked me though getting a smoker like his(Brinkman GeatOutdoors propane), gave me a rub recipe and

the step process of how to smoke BabbyBack Ribs. My first batch were a complete disaster! I put too much rub on them(like 1/8 thick crust) and under cooked! LOL they were terrible. But as you all know try and try again till you master it.

I signed up for Jeffs monthly mailing here about 4 years ago after purchaseing his rub and BBq sauce recipe,and have tried quite a few of his different recipes. Gutta say I get a ton of compliments on the different things I make. Smoked meatloaf has been a huge hit.

One of my favorites is pulled pork!

Anyway I find NOTHING more enjoyable than spending a summer weekend on my back deck smoking something,tending the garden in the AM, swimming all day hanging with friends and family and watching the reactions when we all eat what I prepared!

So in closeing, I look forward to spending some time with you all here, picking up so advice and who knows maybe even passing on a little to someone also.

THANKS ALOT FOR LISTENING!!!!!

Welcome to SMF Richie! Glad to have you aboard!

Would you do us a favor & update your profile info to include your location. Thanks!

welcome1.gif
to SMF Richie. Glad to see you finally signed on  

icon_cool.gif

First off welcome to SMF there Richie. You'll really like this place for there are a bunch of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking meat. Then if you have any questions you just post them here or yu can try in chat for a faster answer. If you are really new to all of this I would recommend that you look up and take the e-course. It is free and it will also give you the basics on smoking. So with all that said now go and get something to smoke.

Welcome To Your New Addiction

welcome1.gif
to SMF - glad to have you here

Please do us a favor and update your profile with your location 

Thanks

Thank you for the welcome. I look forward to spending time here on site and picking up some tips and advice.

Please bear withe me, I' not to good with computer. Gutta go to work!

welcome1.gif
 to SMF Richie. You have come to the right place for smoking info. This site is loaded with great info just use the search bar at top of page to find what you are looking for. If you can't locate the answer just ask folks here are willing to share there knowledge. You might enjoy the 5 day e-course on smoking its chuck full of great info, and a good read even if your not new to smoking.Smoking  5-Day e-Course

Thank you for wecoming me. Very impressed with the site and friendlyness of the people.

You have a great setup on Grampy's Pourch!Wish I was in FLA rite now.

Welcome to SMF glad you can join us.  We are big on Pics and love to help everyone out.  Remember the only question that is dumb is one not asked.  You will not find a friendlier place to talk Que on the web.

You are going to fit in just fine.

Your a Sheetmetal worker? Any chance Unoin? I ask you this only cause back in 2000/2001 I had the pleasure of working

with a few of the boys out of BatonRouge. They were up here travelling during our Boom. Complete gentlemen from that area.

They were acually living in the home I ended up buying when they went back home,

Their names were.Pat, Garry, Drew, Timmy, Bee Bee, Chris Picket. Do you know them?

I do not work for the Union, I work for LSU in Baton Rouge and we used Union supplemental labor for many years a long time.  I'm sorry to say I DO recognize a couple of the names....If  Garry is the same one I'm thinking of, his nick name is "Fuzz" and there is Bee Bee. I couldn't pronounce his real name if I had to, but their only one Bee Bee that thinks he is one bad ass lover/kick boxer….ROFLOL.  I haven't seen Bee Bee since 2005, he was working in California the last I heard from anyone and there is Fuzz, fell off a ladder and broke both legs several years back and had to retire from the Union. He’s working part time as a truck driver the last time I heard from him.  The others I probably know and just don’t recognize, it’s been a while since I have seen a lot of the guys. I changed jobs in 06 and no longer do a lot of sheet metal work. I still have all my equipment at home and still do it as a hobby, but now I’m the Mechanical Estimator for LSU. I get all of the fun of figuring out how the job needs to go and purchasing the materials my guys need for their project.  Most of the guys know me as ShoneyBoy….but my real name is Michael Meek….. Again, Glad to meet another fellow Tin Knocker…..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky