Rockwell Hardness of Victorinox 6" Boning Knife

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Its_Raw

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 25, 2023
Hello!

I could not find the answer to this question online... Does anyone know the Rockwell hardness for the Victorinox 6" boning knife?

Thank you!

Hello!

I could not find the answer to this question online... Does anyone know the Rockwell hardness for the Victorinox 6" boning knife?

Thank you!
Most commercial knifes like this hover between 57-59 ish My Victorinox Army is around 57 ish. I would expect a flexible boning knife to be similar. Anything north of 60 is really hard and depending on the steel can lose its flex (ie toughness)..... Just my perspective.....

Reactions: indaswamp
CS - I might have just found an answer, but it was a third-party article, and it confirmed your range of somewhere near 58. That should be decent then. Our cheap set of HRC52 rated kitchen knives are just way to soft. The sharpen really well, but dull instantly it seems.

Thank you!

For the average home user and home self-sharpener hardness much above 58 can become difficult to manage. I am currently working on a HRC of 61 (machine tested) kitchen knife, and it is very very hard! It has eaten many belts.....I have also made it a mirror polish so I like making things hard as well...... It is going to be a 6.5 inch kitchen razor blade!

PS edit Victorinox makes a nice knife all around. They are hard to beat for the price point!

I have the 6” flex boning knife and their 10” breaking knife. They hold a good edge and are easy to maintain, very sharp. Great knife steel.

Reactions: DougE
I really like my Victorinox knives, but liking the Mercers better. I use a Wicked Edge system and a work sharp belt machine, I just don't think Victorinox has the edge retention.. I've actually got some Choice brand knives that hold an edge very well, and $6...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky