Roasting Coffee Beans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

illini40

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 12, 2017
Good morning

Who has roasted their own coffee beans? What guidance can you give me?

Ive seen a couple of YouTube videos on roasting coffee beans on a smoker, and I’m intrigued.

Funny this should appear today. I just ordered green Blue Mountain and Kona coffee beans for roasting at home.
Lots of information on this thread:

Funny this should appear today. I just ordered green Blue Mountain and Kona coffee beans for roasting at home.
Lots of information on this thread:

Thank you for linking that thread. I read through everything, and posted a couple of questions to it.

We've had a pretty mild winter so I've roasted every 7-11 days. We may run short of food during this pandemic, but I've got a year's worth of green beans to roast for the flavor profile I love.

It's so interesting how the flavors from different regions, sometimes the same farm, change from year to year. I shouldn't be surprised because it us a crop, after all.

I kind of moved away South and Central America growers to African farms, but recently roasted Brazilian beans that knocked my socks off. I stocked up. Two years ago I tried Brazilian beans and wrote in my log to avoid them. Glad I didn't listen to myself!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky