Roast Beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That looks wonderful Richie, Like! I had my last pack of RB last night with some swiss for a grilled sandwich, time to go shopping. RAY
Ray Thank you I am going to try making this last for awhile.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Great looking roast beef Richie! Sandwich looks delicious too.

Like!
Joe Thank we loved been years since we had a good one. Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Good looking roast beef for sure! Now I'm hungry for a french dip! Nice mod on the slicer!

Ryan

Looks great Richie! And I see you did the daveomak daveomak slicer mod. I did up 2 top rounds in the hot tub for beef-on-weck this past week, but just can’t slice thin enough on the CC615, and dealing with the tail a pain ... think this mod definitely in my near future. Had not seen that mod thread before. Thanks for that to both of you!

Reactions: daveomak
Good looking roast beef for sure! Now I'm hungry for a french dip! Nice mod on the slicer!

Ryan
Ryan Thank you the Au-Jus just added so much to that sandwich. Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Looks great Richie! And I see you did the daveomak daveomak slicer mod. I did up 2 top rounds in the hot tub for beef-on-weck this past week, but just can’t slice thin enough on the CC615, and dealing with the tail a pain ... think this mod definitely in my near future. Had not seen that mod thread before. Thanks for that to both of you!
Tim Thank you the little tail flap I have may be because of the way I was holding it. The mod works for super thin I can see my finger thru that piece of meat. Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

That RB looks awesome, Richie! That thin see through slice is amazingly thin. Perfectly cooked too. Great work. We smoke RB about 1 time a month and slice it thin, not as thin as you did, lol. I don't think mine will go that thin. But thin enough that it's plenty tender, and the Mrs likes it. My slicer issue is the plate the meat sits on while slicing is not deep enough. So when we use the gripper piece to hold/push the meat in place while sliding the carriage back and forth, most roasts are too long. We either have to cut in half or not use the gripper. Do you have any suggestion to modify the carriage to make it longer, or wider to hold a longer piece of meat, and able to use the gripper?

That RB looks awesome, Richie! That thin see through slice is amazingly thin. Perfectly cooked too. Great work. We smoke RB about 1 time a month and slice it thin, not as thin as you did, lol. I don't think mine will go that thin. But thin enough that it's plenty tender, and the Mrs likes it. My slicer issue is the plate the meat sits on while slicing is not deep enough. So when we use the gripper piece to hold/push the meat in place while sliding the carriage back and forth, most roasts are too long. We either have to cut in half or not use the gripper. Do you have any suggestion to modify the carriage to make it longer, or wider to hold a longer piece of meat, and able to use the gripper?
Mike I am sorry I followed daveomak daveomak post to do mine.
Post a pic it may give Dave or me an idea
Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Mike I am sorry I followed daveomak daveomak post to do mine.
Post a pic it may give Dave or me an idea
Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie
IMG_1742.jpg
Thanks Richie. Here's a picture. Looking to the right of the black thickness selector know is the meat tray.
I'd like to increase the width or depth of that tray, and still be able to use the built on gripper to press the roast toward the blade. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Mike I can't help with that sorry, hope someone else may be able to.
Thanks again
Richie

Good looking RB Richie and a mighty fine looking sammy.

Point for sure
Chris

View attachment 486988
Thanks Richie. Here's a picture. Looking to the right of the black thickness selector know is the meat tray.
I'd like to increase the width or depth of that tray, and still be able to use the built on gripper to press the roast toward the blade. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.
Mike I just down loaded that pic & enlarged it. From what I am seeing is there are adjusters on the bottom. If you have the manual it may tell what they do. What is the brand and model of the slicer?
Richie

Mike I just down loaded that pic & enlarged it. From what I am seeing is there are adjusters on the bottom. If you have the manual it may tell what they do. What is the brand and model of the slicer?
Richie
I cannot find the manual. It's from overseas, I got on Ebay 4-5 years ago. Works great, the short carriage size and difficult to clean are the only complaints. I'm attaching better pics. Maybe if I could get a wider replacement carriage since it's only bolted on with the black knob, would solve the issue. Where would I get one though? Here's better pics. Thanks for even trying to help Richie and daveomak daveomak
IMG_2324.jpg IMG_2326.jpg IMG_2325.jpg IMG_2327.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1742.jpg
    IMG_1742.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 3
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky