• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Roast Beef

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
I'm late to the party. But I'll take some left overs! Looks great Richie!

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
Remove that sliding meat clamp from the leading edge of the meat plate and using 5200 sealant glue on a new bigger plate... Make sure the new plate is as close to the blade as you dare put it..

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
Joined May 12, 2018
Remove that sliding meat clamp from the leading edge of the meat plate and using 5200 sealant glue on a new bigger plate... Make sure the new plate is as close to the blade as you dare put it..
IMG_2324.jpg
So, the swinging part, "sliding meat clamp" I call it the presser. Remove that, and sealant glue a bigger plate, right? Right on top of the existing grooved plate? Won't I need a longer rod to reattach the sliding meat clamp also?
Thanks for your sage advice.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
I would leave the meat clamp off... I don't have one and hold the meat in my hand....

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
Joined May 12, 2018
OK, sounds like a plan. I'll reread your original post to see which metal to use. Thanks, if it works out, I'll post some pics.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
I'm late to the party. But I'll take some left overs! Looks great Richie!
Steve Let me know when your over this way, it is never o late to the party. Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Nice job Dave my eyes aren't that good I didn't see that part. Thanks for helping Mike
Richie

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.