Roast beef not brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

davekat

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 9, 2016
Hey guys going to try a roast beef today not a briskit just a standard roast. Questions

What internal temp do i wrap at

Is 225 230 a good temp to cook at

And how long per pound or kilo would this take.

Cheers

If your talking about a standing rib roast, they are cooked like a steak.

Depending on how you like your steak That's how you would smoke a rib roast.

No foiling, rare 120-125 IT med rare 130-135 IT etc.

Depending on how you like it, maybe 3 or 4 hours until done.

Al

Last edited:
Yea i just saw a receipe that says for a 4-6 pound roast inject it and then put it in a aluminium cooking tray with broth and allow to smoke for approx 4 to 5 hours then wrap it and let it rest for 20min with a medium cook of 145

I just googled and to the americans it may also be called a chuck roast

So what i have is a blade or chuck roast that will be injected and smoked from what i have read i need to get the internals to 195f at 160 i can wrap the meat in foil until i hit the 195 then do the resting process. My cut of meat is only a small 3.5lbs as im on feeding my small family.

Ill have a tray of either water or beef stock under the grill catching any drippings also

Have i missed anything fellas

Al's got you covered if it is a leaner roast like a rib roast or anything from the round. If it's a chuck roast then you want to cook it almost like a butt for pulled beef, since it has a lot of fat and connective tissue. i would recommend smoking at whatever temp you like to smoke, wrapping it when it gets to 160-165 with some beef broth or stock in the foil and cooking until an IT somewhere between 205-210 for pulled beef.

Check this out.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/215706/smoked-pulled-beef-chucky-step-by-step

Bear's step by steps are guaranteed success!

Ill post a photo of my cut also so it may make more sense

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky