Ribs from last weekend.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flattop

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
Falls Church, VA
I was jonesing big time for some ribs last weekend. I had one rack of babybacks in the freezer but that wasn't enough.

I kept reading on here about spareribs and hadn't used them for a long time. 2 racks of those from one store and at another store 2 racks of Danish rins (hadn't tried them before but they were on sale)

One rack of spare ribs soaked in apple juice
One rack of spare ribs soaked in vinager, white wine and basalmic vinager
Baby backs in a rub
2 danish rib racks in a Mojo marinade.

Smoked them all using mainly apple wood for smoke and a little cherry wood. They all turned out pretty tasty. The danish ribs have a different flavor. Not bad by any means but the 1st taste doesn't taste like a rib that I'm used to. They are also a much lighter color then the other ribs.

To say the least we, my wife and I, have plenty of left over ribs in the freezer.

bbq01ef9.jpg

bbq04qn4.jpg

bbq05xx8.jpg

blurry........beer
rolleyes.gif

Very very nice. great color and pull back/ I've been wanting ribs badly, i think I need to get a couple racks for the weekend now. I've always thought about marinating the ribs like you did. Do you think marinating added some moisture to the meat?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky