Ribs - Finally Completely Happy with Rec Tec

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
After using a WSM for most my life and than getting a pellet pooper been hard getting use to the pellet profile. I used the tubes with chips for quite a while. Now using the 2 hour low smoke and I am very happy with smoke profile. Thought this would add lot of time to smoke but really not much different. Last brisket was also perfect. I am using the smokehouse brand from Sam's and happy with those. Did not take ribs out of foil to finish and got fall off the bone but I don't mind. These where so tasty! Been a while since doing BB.

20220528_162945.jpg

Looks real good Brian. It appears your getting that pooper dialed in.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks great. the low "extreme smoke" setting is nice. I think its a great place to start.

Congratulations on getting comfortable with your smoker Brian. That's a good looking plate you put together.

What are the reddish / brownish flakes in your Mac & Cheese?

POINT

Yay Brian!! Glad you finally nailed the ribs. A tab past where I'd like them but you could be Tracy's hero if you served her a plate of them :emoji_laughing: Well done sir.

Robert

Ribs look awesome Brian!
I haven’t used the extreme smoke setting yet, but will give it a try the next cook!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky