Ribs and Chicken Thighs QView

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

splendorlex

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 18, 2013
Lake Geneva, WI
I got myself a new MES 40 recently, and have been enjoying breaking it in. I graduated from a little Brinkmann red electric that I cut my smoking teeth on. The MES 40 brought things to a whole new level. Today I decided to do a little combo smoking with all that room. I decided to do a couple racks of baby backs (which were hard to do right on the Brinkmann) and a mess of chicken thighs.

I started getting the smoker to 225 while I prepped the meat. First I took care of the membrane on the ribs and gave them a good covering if rub. Here's a look at then in the MES.

0b87704ff007c8f51e60cb226caaafe0.jpg

While they were in the first two hours of the 2-2-1 method I got the thighs ready. I actually took more care with them than I usually do. I've been watching a lot of Pit Wars and used some of what I saw there. I trimmed off the excess skin and fat, and tried to get them reasonably consistent in terms of size. Here they are ready to go in the fridge after prep.

c19e8618085fdc2e5c262b59f628949c.jpg

I wrapped the ribs after two hours, and a half hour after that added the thighs. Gave it some more apple wood smoke, and pushed it up to 250 after 45 minutes or so. Here we are in the home stretch, after taking the foil off the ribs and saucing both the ribs and Chicken.

636b4c9bdfada9c7a9a7c91bc9b97752.jpg

Hopefully I'll remember to take final photos, but I might be too busy eating at that point. Good smoking everyone.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky