Ribs and Beans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Heck yes KC!! The whole meal looks fantastic but those ribs are competition quality. Absolutely beautiful sir!! (at least I assume you are a sir :emoji_wink: )

Robert

Thank you! and yes I identify as a sir! HAHAHA!

Figured as much but Kilo Charlie is basically an abbreviation for KC, which could be Katherine Catherine...or something like that so not going to assume anything :emoji_wink:

Robert

HAHA It is an abbreviation for my initials but I'll update my profile to avoid further confusion!

Did you fry the bacon before putting in the beans?

Yes, the bacon was fried and removed from the pan and used about 2 tablespoon of the bacon far to fry up the shallots, then added the garlic and fried that for a minute, then added back in the bacon and all the rest of the ingredients before transferring into the smoker.

Hey Charlie, I assume you do not drain the beans correct?
Also, I like to save back the last two or three bones of rib meat for my next batch of beans. Chop it up and mix it in before they go on the grill.
Thanks again for your recipe.

Reactions: kilo charlie
Also, I like to save back the last two or three bones of rib meat for my next batch of beans. Chop it up and mix it in before they go on the grill.

You're welcome!

I actually did drain the cans of beans. I slightly rinsed the black beans to wash off some of the darkness.

You can actually add in any other proteins in addition to the bacon such as rib meat, pulled pork or leftover brisket.

Also.. I wouldn't use these ribs in my next beans because of all of the Asian flavors.. I think it would distract from the way I want the beans to taste like HAHA

I found a hickory smoked ham hock in the freezer. So I defrosted and diced it into the mixture. Smoking as I type this.

Awesome! I bet it's going to be great! Let me know what you think!

I enjoyed it. Seems like other baked beans are too sweet or too much spicy heat. I added a little too much tomato juice and let it cook for 45 minutes more to get that nice brown hue.

Reactions: kilo charlie
Awesome!
I used tomato sauce in mine but the juice works too!

The nice thing about making them from "scratch" is that you can control the sweet/heat and salt.

Those are some of the finest looking Ribs-n-Beans I've ever seen posted here.
Your pictured presentation is beautiful, fine work, outstanding!
I'd decimate a plate of those victuals.

Thank you!

That's a serious compliment and I appreciate it!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky