Ribs 3-2-S-H Method, recipe and pictures!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Also, how is it that the ribs I just do for the heck of it on the weekend ALWAYS turn out better than in competition!? Not just taste and texture, but like for these I just grabbed the first rack in the fridge at the store, whereas in competition ill go to the butcher and look at every rack they have, but all my weekend ones end up having better meat thickness and straight bones, and the comp ones always have crooked bones! hate that!

In foil you vacuum sealed them? Or unwrapped?

In foil you vacuum sealed them? Or unwrapped?
​I unfoil them, and vacuum seal them alone. This is also good since there is a bunch of juices in the foil that my sealer at elast would have an issue with. I imagine you could do it in the foil, but I know some people say its not good to leave foil on food in the fridge, but not really sure.

Also I give it a bit of time to rest before vacuuming so its not so hot, so in-foiling would help with that too. 

Sooo Good!

I was planning on doing a big batch, and just reheating a few the next day. How long do you think I could keep a few racks well in a deep freeze? 
​Ive frozen racks and other BBQ for several months and been just as good as fresh after reheating it!

I assume that you vacuum sealed them while still in the foil wrap and then placed them in the frig after the rest in the freezer.  Is that correct?  Otherwise my vacuum sealer would be pulling liquid and foul up the seal process.  Maybe everyone understood this but I wanted to be sure.  Then for the final 20 minute cook you did it unwrapped and on an open grill?  Please correct me if I am wrong in making this assumption.  Thanks.  I am anxious to give this a try when I am taking ribs to a friends house. 
​Yeah Willie so I DID NOT vacuum them in the foil wrap, I unwrapped them from the foil and sealed them up like that. For the re-heat I just open the vac bag, glaze them up wht sauce (if you want sauce, or you could use the reserved wrap liquids), then heated them straight on the grill grate.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky