Ribeyes (Brainstorm)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Ribeyes (Brainstorm)

I never tried this before, but after doing some Ribeye on My new ZigZag Skewers, I got a Brainstorm (Not exactly a Hurricane).
So instead of slicing in strips, and then cubes for Kabobs, I left them in strips.
Then I Marinated the strips in Kelchner’s Pineapple Teriyaki Marinade for a few hours in the Fridge.
Then out to the Weber “Q” We go for some Hot Grilling.
I stretched them out on the Grill, and let the leftover Marinade drain off the plate to the Meat, after my first flip.
Then I just flip the Strips around until they got nice and charred on all sides, but still nice & pink inside.
The charring on the outside really puts awesome flavor on these Babies, just like they do on Kabobs!!!
Then I brought them in, and plated some with some Shrooms I wanted to try, and some Roasted Red Taters.
I had to go back & get another piece this time!!
Then the next day, I arranged the last 3 partial strips in a Triangle, and put the leftover Roasted Reds in the Center & covered them with Shredded Mozzarella. Then I Nuked the whole plate until the Cheese melted (About a Minute & a half).
These were awesome, and just as Good Tasting as when I made Kabobs out of them, only less hassle.
Any time I’m not mixing anything with the meat on Skewers, I’ll be doing a lot of Ribeyes like this.

Loved These!!

Bear

Slicing up a Ribeye:
IMG_5745.jpeg

Marinating with "Kelchner's Pineapple Teriyaki Marinade":
IMG_5746.jpeg

Laying out on My Weber "Q":
IMG_5749.jpeg

Closer Look:
IMG_5748.jpeg

Flipping around on Grill:
IMG_5750.jpeg

Almost Ready:
IMG_5752.jpeg

Done & Bringing into Kitchen:
IMG_5753.jpeg

Plated Bear's First Helping:
IMG_5754.jpeg

Second Night, with Mozzarella on Roasted Red Taters:
IMG_5755.jpeg

After Nuking & Melting Cheese:
IMG_5757.jpeg

Now that's a meal. Those ribeyes and tators look fantastic Bear!!!

Point for sure
Chris

I swear I started smelling those rib eyes when looking at the photos. What a neat concept. Looks great as always Bear

That's my kind of eating!

I've come the conclusion that you and I have very similar tastes in foods.

That looks great Bear! Like! I never tried slicing up the rib eyes like that. It gives you more crunchy edges from the marinade.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky