Ribeye over hickory

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
Well SmokinAl SmokinAl and Bearcarver Bearcarver . Seeing the threads they put up today I had to get me a steak for supper . Kids where out and about so worked out perfect !
Now listen , I love a Sou Vide steak . Maybe to much . I forgot about how I used to do it , and the taste difference . I used to always cook my steaks over red oak . No charcoal , just the burnt down oak . All I had today was hickory , so I used that , my charcoal chimney and a piece of expanded metal . My gosh ,,, the char and the wood taste on the steak , now I remember what I've been missing . This was so good . The flash makes the meat look cooked more than it was ,,, I pulled at 125 and rested . Yukon gold for the baked tater .
Thanks for the reminder you two ,,,

Blurry pic , but you get the idea . Gets cold my joints kill me .
20190216_161431.jpg
Room with a view . Standing at the kitchen island almost ready .
20190216_171307.jpg
20190216_173005.jpg
20190216_173628.jpg 20190216_174601.jpg
20190216_174744.jpg
Early bedtime tonight .

Looooookinnnng gooooood. Nice job on that there steak Chop.

Point for sure.
Chris

Awesome!!
Looks Great Rich!
Yours & Al's probably both taste better than mine, but I cheated & Grilled mine indoors.
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Thanks for all the comments and the likes . Sometimes you need to go back to what you already knew .
Thanks again for lookin

So do you just throw a few chunks of wood in the chimney and use a starter under it to light them? Can you elaborate on the fire building?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky