Rib Tips and a Little Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 1, 2019
Southeast Mississippi
I always keep and freeze the rib tip trimmings from the spare ribs. Decided to throw on some along with 3 different sausage links. Regular grocery store pork sausage pictured on the left. Deer jalapeno/pineapple/cheese from one I harvested last season in the middle and sweet fire made at my local butcher shop on the right. Plenty of sausage dogs for the next several days. We love em. Especially the grand-kids The rib tips were hit with a little all purpose seasoning then hit hard with Malcolm Reed's THE BBQ RUB. Spritzed with apple juice a few times along the way and my homemade bbq sauce added at the end. Smoked on the stick burner with wild black cherry. Real simple smoke. Juicy, tender and tasty.
SEASONED RIB TIPS.jpg

Rubbed and ready to smoke
RIB TIPS ON @250.jpg

On @ 250

SAUSAGE ON.jpg

Sausage added much later
RIB TIPS DONE.jpg

Done
THE FINAL VERDICT.jpg

The final verdict

Hawg That looks great the rib tips look like the pork brisket I posted. LIKES
Richie

Thanks Warren. Easy smoke and very moist and tender. Got some left over for NFL Sunday. Got enough sausage to feed an Army. LOL!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky