• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Rib Tips and a Little Sausage

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 1, 2019
I always keep and freeze the rib tip trimmings from the spare ribs. Decided to throw on some along with 3 different sausage links. Regular grocery store pork sausage pictured on the left. Deer jalapeno/pineapple/cheese from one I harvested last season in the middle and sweet fire made at my local butcher shop on the right. Plenty of sausage dogs for the next several days. We love em. Especially the grand-kids The rib tips were hit with a little all purpose seasoning then hit hard with Malcolm Reed's THE BBQ RUB. Spritzed with apple juice a few times along the way and my homemade bbq sauce added at the end. Smoked on the stick burner with wild black cherry. Real simple smoke. Juicy, tender and tasty.
SEASONED RIB TIPS.jpg

Rubbed and ready to smoke
RIB TIPS ON @250.jpg

On @ 250

SAUSAGE ON.jpg

Sausage added much later
RIB TIPS DONE.jpg

Done
THE FINAL VERDICT.jpg

The final verdict

jcam222

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Looks delicious. Jalapeño pineapple cheese sausage sounds awesome too.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Hawg That looks great the rib tips look like the pork brisket I posted. LIKES
Richie

chopsaw

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Looks real good . Nice work

HalfSmoked

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
As always a fine looking smoke by the Hawging It. Sure looks tasty.

Warren

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 1, 2019
Thanks Warren. Easy smoke and very moist and tender. Got some left over for NFL Sunday. Got enough sausage to feed an Army. LOL!!

Hot Threads

Top Bottom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks