Rib Steak On My Mind (Or was it an echo?)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Rib Steak On My Mind (Or was it an echo?)

OK Gang—I couldn’t take it:

I don’t go down in my basement often these days, because I don’t do steps very good any more, but I was down there checking my Water Softener, and that meant I had to go through the room that houses my Meat Freezer.

I heard a Few voices calling me, “Bear”—“BEAR”—“BEAR”—“bear”—“Bear!!”
I immediately went to the Freezer & popped the Lid. The Chorus was coming from a combination of the pile of Deerburger Packages, a Bunch of Ribeyes & Rib Steaks, and a few 5 pound Prime Ribs.
Well, we just had some Deerburgers, and it wasn’t that long ago that we eliminated one of my supply of Prime Ribs, so I grabbed a nice looking Rib Steak to take with me on my return trip up the stairs to my Kitchen.

Then after an overnight thaw, I put the steak in a Ziplock Bag with a coating of “Soy Vay Island Teriyaki”.
We enjoyed it last time, so I figured we’d give it another go.

Then later, after a good Preheat, I threw the Steak on my Weber “Q”, flipping it over as needed. It came out Beautiful, like a Rib Steak always does.

All that was needed was to heat up a couple of Zucchini Slices to fill in the other side of the plate & my Gut. It was indeed another Tasty Supper at the Den.

Then the next night, since we didn’t have any leftover Steak, for a change, I made myself a couple of Egg & Cheese Sammies.

Thanks again for stopping by!!

Bear

One Nice Rib Steak for Me to Split with Mrs Bear for Supper:
IMG_3908.jpg

After First Flip:
IMG_3909.jpg

MMmmm...., Now We're Talking!! Take a Whiff of that!
IMG_3910.jpg

Another cloudy, rainy Day:
IMG_3907.jpg

Bear's Supper, after removing the center of the Steak for Mrs Bear.
Pan-Fried Zucchini Slices on the side:
IMG_3912.jpg

NEXT NIGHT'S SUPPER

Fried up a couple of Eggs:
IMG_3965.jpg

An Egg on each Roll.
American Cheese on top:
IMG_3904.jpg

Melt That Cheese:
IMG_3905.jpg

Close'em up & Enjoy:
IMG_3906.jpg

Great looking Meals, just can't beat a good Rib Eye anytime

BTW Send me some of that Rain (I'm tired of watering)

Like for sure

Gary

Very nice looking rib steak bear - Perfectly done just the way I like them. It also sounds like your gonna have to get one of those chairs that go up and down the stairs so you can raid the freezer more often.

Point for sure
Chris

tasty looking stuff bear, yeah I would take a ribeye over NY's or fillet mignon any day of the week, I might even take one of those egg sammies over a fillet mignon.

Great looking Meals, just can't beat a good Rib Eye anytime

BTW Send me some of that Rain (I'm tired of watering)

Like for sure

Gary

Thank You Gary!!
I told you, I could let you have all the Rain you want, but you have to come & pick it up!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Very nice ribeye!! Love the egg sandwich too. I was always fond of fried egg, pepper and cheese sandwiches

Like!

Terrific cook Bear. I love multi-day recipes like this.
Sounds like you could use an elevator in your house. Down here we "Key west lifts" that work on the outside of the house so there is no structural change except the entrances.
I've notice almost all your pan shots look like a copper clad style pan. I know they are just a pan, but are they really some much better as people claim?
Don

Don, I have a set of those, quality stuff. The Copper Chef pans are really nice,work great, no oil or butter needed... But
You have to be careful with them and in my opinion they're high maintenance.
No high heat, careful handling/cleaning, wipe with oil after every use, not 100% dishwasher safe unless you're rinsing everything really well and careful with placement.

Both my frying pans got a little abuse by the family and are now slightly heat warped and sticking here and there.
I should buy new ones and put them off limits... Yeah right.
So I just bought some nice Calphalon non-stick instead.

Thanks Chile. I just KNEW there had to be a catch. We have some Calphalon that the wife inherited, but steel utensils are a no-no on them.....Don't ask me how I know.
Don
404943-2852628fba0bedd1a97f836828b9fb6e.jpg

Attachments

• Sorry.gif
    Sorry.gif
    716.3 KB · Views: 3
Thanks Chile. I just KNEW there had to be a catch. We have some Calphalon that the wife inherited, but steel utensils are a no-no on them.....Don't ask me how I know.
Don
404943-2852628fba0bedd1a97f836828b9fb6e.jpg
The Calphalon I bought was their Premier line, triple layered, they say it's metal utensil safe.
But I'm not testing it's durability.

If I like the Calphalon, I'm gonna replace everything with it.

Reactions: drdon
Very nice looking rib steak bear - Perfectly done just the way I like them. It also sounds like your gonna have to get one of those chairs that go up and down the stairs so you can raid the freezer more often.

Point for sure
Chris

Thank You Chris!!
Nah, I can do the steps---Just not all the time.
It's rare that I have to go down to the basement, and I haven't had to go up to the loft in at least 6 months.
My Breading Machine does most of the trips to the Freezer.:emoji_wink:
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

tasty looking stuff bear, yeah I would take a ribeye over NY's or fillet mignon any day of the week, I might even take one of those egg sammies over a fillet mignon.

Thank You Jim!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Terrific cook Bear. I love multi-day recipes like this.
Sounds like you could use an elevator in your house. Down here we "Key west lifts" that work on the outside of the house so there is no structural change except the entrances.
I've notice almost all your pan shots look like a copper clad style pan. I know they are just a pan, but are they really some much better as people claim?
Don

Thank You Don!!
I love my Copper Chef Pans. Only decent Pans we ever had!!
Nothing seems to stick to them, but I use Butter anyway, just because I love the taste of Butter on just about anything.
I'm kinda hard on them, though, because mine get humped up in the middle, and I think it's because I use Super High Heat too often.

Bear

Very nice ribeye!! Love the egg sandwich too. I was always fond of fried egg, pepper and cheese sandwiches

Like!

Thank You Xray!!
I've always loved Egg Sammies too. I used to put Ketchup on them, but for the last few years, I just put some extra Butter on my Toast, with the Eggs & Pepper.
I stopped using Salt Years ago too.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: drdon
Don, I have a set of those, quality stuff. The Copper Chef pans are really nice,work great, no oil or butter needed... But
You have to be careful with them and in my opinion they're high maintenance.
No high heat, careful handling/cleaning, wipe with oil after every use, not 100% dishwasher safe unless you're rinsing everything really well and careful with placement.

Both my frying pans got a little abuse by the family and are now slightly heat warped and sticking here and there.
I should buy new ones and put them off limits... Yeah right.
So I just bought some nice Calphalon non-stick instead.

We don't do any of those things, and the only thing I had trouble with is I leave them on High to long. Hand Wash & that's it.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky