Rib o lator smoking on Weber kettle NG

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lemans

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 29, 2013
Jackson New Jersey
So the wife bought me a rib olator for my birthday. I already bought a Roti from Amazon for $69.00
And it works fine .. So I was very excited..
So sat I put it together and bought some pork chops to try it out..
Following the directions I put it together to find out that the trays
Are like 1/2 inch too long and hit the sides of the ring..
This causes the motor to switch directions .
Ok so I looked at the set up .. Maybe the end pieces are not centered, maybe
The motor bracket is it the wrong place.
So after about and hour of tweeting it looked pretty good
Still hit the ring, but did not change direction
Put on the chops and closed the lid. After 1/2 hour checked the progress
To find the tray fell off and one of the pork chops was laying on the coals
I took off the Roti and finished on the grill
Monday morning I called bob at rib o lator
Nice guy , told me that the regular trays hit the sides but
The adjustable trays for $129 a set do not
And he said that Amazon should have it in there description
( side note they have it now!) so now either I have to buy
A new set of trays or not use the rib o rip off at all!!

Wow that sucks. Maybe they should fix it and send you the stuff for free. Bad customer service

Hey .. That's what I'm saying. I watched all these you tubes and never once did I hear it didn't fit!! Also it came with different end brackets round not flat. The sit
On the square spit shaft like crap!!

They did have an adjustable version but they actually  stopped making it...they must have some leftover.

Other than space saving you're not truly rotisserie with it anyway, so the grill was the same result.   Very sorry to hear that happened...ugh.    There are some very neat innovative rotisserie products hitting the market soon you will love!    Rotisserie is a wonderful way to cook.  Keith

BTW the mods (Brian) started a rotisserie cook/build section under the build section.  We can post and share rotisserie cooks there...very nice!

Last edited:
Let's see some photos. Maybe we can come up with a way to mod it!

There customer service sounds just like LEM's, non-existent!

Oh it can be modded for sure...that's how adjustable version was born from someone who owned one.  You're basically making a hem so one tray slides within the other.

The two pieces would have to be different widths.. I'm kinda thinking to cut the outside corners off.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky