Rib Bits - What to do?

Discussion in 'Pork' started by whatamess, Apr 23, 2014.

1. I've got a few pounds of bits and pieces of skirt meat and non-boney ends I trimmed off side-ribs, I was thinking of working this into either mac and cheese or beans on the MES 30 this weekend. How long do you generally smoke these little bits? I was thinking maybe smoking the meat Friday night and using it Saturday, thats of it makes it to then ;-)

I've also got the rib tips separate, are they handled the same as a full rack? (I've been doing 3-2-1 for sides.) Thanks!

2. the skirt meat I normally put it on the smoker when I do ribs so I can have a snack about half way through.

3. grey

grey Newbie

burnt ends style?

4. I searched up a post on here about pork burnt ends. That's it now I have to try it!

5. grey

grey Newbie

I've only made them into sandwiches when done.  Good luck!

6. worktogthr

worktogthr Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

I put that meat in the freezer and use it for my Sunday gravy. (Meat sauce). I heard a lot of guys on here use it for sausage as well.

7. Burnt ends it was. And delicious too. The skirt meat is cooked up for beans tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

8. c farmer

c farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

They look great.

9. what time tomorrow ? looks good

10. Thank you looking forward to the rest for breakfast with bacon and fried taters.

11. Haha thanks around 6 when the wife gets home!

12. seenred

seenred Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

Looks delicious from here! Lotsa great ways to use those rib tips, but I really like yours...Thumbs Up

Red

13. pops6927

pops6927 Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

WinCo has 3 lb COV bags of riblets on sale this week at $1.48/llb; tight budget this month (paying for last month's tests at Dr's.) - dang, wanted to buy a few bags to play with!  And were they meaty, too!  Oh well, mebbe next month will be better!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014