Rib Bits - What to do?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

whatamess

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 7, 2014
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
I've got a few pounds of bits and pieces of skirt meat and non-boney ends I trimmed off side-ribs, I was thinking of working this into either mac and cheese or beans on the MES 30 this weekend. How long do you generally smoke these little bits? I was thinking maybe smoking the meat Friday night and using it Saturday, thats of it makes it to then ;-)

I've also got the rib tips separate, are they handled the same as a full rack? (I've been doing 3-2-1 for sides.) Thanks!

Burnt ends it was. And delicious too. The skirt meat is cooked up for beans tomorrow.
urubary3.jpg

WinCo has 3 lb COV bags of riblets on sale this week at $1.48/llb; tight budget this month (paying for last month's tests at Dr's.) - dang, wanted to buy a few bags to play with!  And were they meaty, too!  Oh well, mebbe next month will be better!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky