Reverse flow build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 11, 2015
Maryland Eastern Shore
Well, I have not been very active for a while but you who know my life has been upside down. With the loss of a son 10/3/22 then the loss of my wife 11/28/22. So here I am hoping to be back to some normal life. I have always wanted a stick burner and my project is a reverse flow. I happen on to 3 120-gallon propane tanks and one 500. Can you believe for $50.00 for all 4 tanks? In my younger days I wanted a 500 but a 500 gallon that is not my speed today. So, the 500 was sold for $200.00 and I will attempt to build a 120-reverse flow. I gave one 120 to pcfarmer they have had the valve removed for over a year and the 3rd one still has propane in it. So, I plan on keeping you all on an update as it is built. Be patient with me I had a birthday lately and I am now 79 years old, so I am slowing down.

Warren, I am so sorry to hear of your losses! My fam and I will send thoughts and prayers, again so saddened to hear of your losses!

Seems like you have a great project ahead of you and very excited to see your progress! BTW, Happy Belated Birthday!

Warren good to see you posting again been wondering where you've been. Sounds like a good project to keep you busy I look forward to the updates

Glad to see you again Warren! Look forward to your build! I'll be watching!

1656090421063.gif

That one just kills me! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Sorry to hear of your losses Warren, prayers and condolences sent. Looking forward to your project and how it goes. Hoping to build a RF smoker myself in the future. Good luck.

Warren, looking forward to seeing the build! Its a very rewarding thing to plan, build, and use! Spending time with your son is just the icing on the cake...... Just look at the XFire grill.....My son still talks about it and shows it off to everyone!

Glad to see you back Warren! I was just thinking a couple of days ago hadn't heard from you in quite some, was hoping you were OK. Happy belated B-Day, I'll be looking forward to your smoker build! RAY

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Warren, you have been missed my friend so welcome back. I hope this means life is somewhat returning to normal...well as normal as it can be after what you've been through. I wish you the best in your build. Heck, I have a ton of vacation time racked up. I might load all my welding tools in the truck and come lend a helping hand :emoji_wink:

Robert

Warren, you have been missed my friend so welcome back. I hope this means life is somewhat returning to normal...well as normal as it can be after what you've been through. I wish you the best in your build. Heck, I have a ton of vacation time racked up. I might load all my welding tools in the truck and come lend a helping hand :emoji_wink:

Robert
Come on down might even find some of those blue crabs. :emoji_wink::emoji_laughing:

Warren

That’s a lot for one person to have to process, very sorry for your loss. It great to see you re-engage and start a new build. I think 120 gal is just about right size. I’m in for updates.

Hey Warren, good to see you back. So sorry for your losses..... look forward to your build. Hopefully you can get your hands on another bear roast and christen that new offset. I ran across pics of the one we all did at Adams.

Attachments

• 20181006_204806.jpg
    20181006_204806.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 20181006_204749.jpg
    20181006_204749.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 20181006_204755.jpg
    20181006_204755.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 19
That roast was pretty good wasn't it. Had some burger another year and JJ said he thinks that was the best burger he ever had not bad coming from a chef.

Warren

Sounds like a plan Warren. Keep us posted on the progress.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky