REVEAL...The Slice....Pancetta Piacentina D.O.P.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
I'm speechless...
IMG_20230628_162900.jpg

IMG_20230628_162912.jpg

IMG_20230628_162920.jpg

Trimmed ready to slice!

IMG_20230628_164532.jpg

IMG_20230628_165144.jpg

IMG_20230628_170241.jpg

The flavor profile is incredible! So complex!!! The fat is so buttery and just dissolves. Deep funky notes, soft buttery nutty complex notes....O.M.G. it is soooo good!!!!

I will continue to roll pancetta using these techniques. separating the skin back 4" or so to totally encase the piece really helped put tension on the center. the skin could pull back and keep the tension on while it dried. I like that...

Reactions: JC in GB
I’d be happy to taste it to confirm your description!! 😂 Seriously looks amazing as does all your charcuterie. I will try something simple soon.

Reactions: indaswamp
I’d be happy to taste it to confirm your description!! 😂 Seriously looks amazing as does all your charcuterie. I will try something simple soon.
Thanks jcam! This is a passion for me...and I hit food nirvana with this one.
That is pure slice of happiness!!!!!!!!
It was an emotional experience sampling the first slice. Being a highly sensitive individual, I can not lie...I teared up. It is that good.

It was an emotional experience sampling the first slice. Being a highly sensitive individual, I can not lie...I teared up. It is that good.
I BELIEVE you....first thing that came to mind was I would LOVE to have that inside of a beef wellington......talk about the flavor!!!!

Some fresh maters, burrata, vintage aged white cheddar and crackers....... oh the tears!!!!

Witness the power of NORCINI NIRVANA and quake mortals! 🧙‍♂️

Very tight roll on that. Impressive for sure.

JC :emoji_cat:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky