Retirement!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Welcome from the east side. I live in NW Minnesota in the RRV.
Tired, but not ready to retire.

and if ya get bis. 3be meats has all types of cuts including like rabbit, alligator and turkey parts ects. and all beef n pork
Thanks for the tip.
Son works in Bis and I pointed him there.
Welcome to the Forum from South Carolina's Thoroughbred Country. Wife is a farm girl from Regent while her family is split between the Dickinson area and Bismark. 🍻
John
Regent! End of the "Enchanted Highway"

Welcome to SMF! You just pushed my retirement out a couple more months with the walk in cooler lol. I want one now. I’m knocking out a mew metal roof this year and new central air next year, 2 majors on my countdown to retirement.

Reactions: Trapper62
Welcome to the Forum from South Carolina's Thoroughbred Country. Wife is a farm girl from Regent while her family is split between the Dickinson area and Bismark. 🍻
John
She by chance know any Gordon’s from Regent, worked with a lady from there for 29 years.

Welcome to SMF! You just pushed my retirement out a couple more months with the walk in cooler lol. I want one now. I’m knocking out a mew metal roof this year and new central air next year, 2 majors on my countdown to retirement.
Yea it’s A pretty Good investment

Reactions: jcam222
Welcome to SMF from KC. I can only imagine what you have been through this last sixteen months. Your last day you will feel a huge burden lifted. In February 2020, I retired from the gas company after 40 yrs. What a blessing, and incredible timing.
Your life will change for the better, I'm sure.
Look forward to hearing from you again. And again, welcome.

i was kinda forced to retire. fell off a few walls walking trusses and carried to many shingles up ladder in '70's... so in '03 i opened wheels wings n hobbies. i had track behind store n sold lotsa r/c cars n truck n planes n helicopters. back got so bad had to end it in 2017.. here's our baby.
alfa-pic.jpg

well now has new awning as i think my wife left it out and tree ripped it off
new awning pic 2.JPG

Welcome to SMF, Trapper!
I have been retired for 17 years, and I don’t know how I got everything done when I was working all day long. I seem to be busy all the time just doing stuff around the house!
Al

Welcome from Iowa! And be interested in more info on your walk in cooler!

Ryan

Ryan, here is a link to a short, very non-professional video of the cooler that the wife and I built.

I used 2"x4" walls and 2"x6" for the ceiling, covered the outside with 1/4" OSB because that is what I had laying around and 3/4" on the ceiling. Lined the inside with 3" inch dense roofing foam covered with FRP, all the foam and FRP was overrun product from a local construction project and was to be thrown away so was given that. Never ceases to amaze me how much waste there is in construction. A used insulated steel door and 1"x4" for trim.

I used an 8000 BTU window A/C that I bought at Menards and purchased a Coolbot (most expensive part of the whole thing) to fool the A/C into cooling below 65 degrees. I hold the cooler at 40 degrees no problem but have had it down to 36 degrees and it hold well there also.

I have to seal the floor yet but that will be next summer now.

Thanks! Couldn't remember what the coolbot was called... was curious if that's what you had used. I'll have to check them out!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky