Retired Newbie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

retired newbie

Original poster
Jun 13, 2007
Benton, Arkansas
I am 74, retired military and law enforcement. I have cooked and thought that I had been smoking meats for some time. I recently took Jeff's five day course and ordered his Barbecue Sauce and Rub Recipe. I then purchased a Brinkman Smoke' N Pit. Thanks to several of you, on the Smoking Meat Forums, I have used your recipes, tips, etc., and I have made several modifications, including modifying to propane using the After Burner, and still making modification, on it. I have smoked butts, ribs and chicken, so far. The best I've ever smoked, but always room for improvement. I also have a Char Broil Grill, propane and a Char Broil Smoker, electric. I am looking forward to the smoking meat forums and all the valuable information.

Welcome to SMF Retired Newbie.. you won't be a newbie for long. Keep up those great smokes and bring some pics with ya. Looking forward to seeing your posts.

Keep Smokin

Welcome aboard. From what you posted I would say you are a step or three past newbie smokin. Look forward to hearing about your adventures in smokin.

BBQ and smoking definitely keeps you young at heart!

Welcome to SMF!!!
icon_mrgreen.gif

Howdy there Retired Newbie!...Welcome to the SMF!...
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
It's a Mighty Fine place to be!

Great Folks, Great Food, Tons of info, and more fun than you can shake a stick at!

Jeff's eCourse is a great little course isn't it?

The Afterburner is neat too. Squezzy sent me the link to their site a few days back. Think I'm gonna build something similar for my ECB.

(Still haven't found those burners yet Squezzy...Guess I hid'em too good in the junkpile...
PDT_Armataz_01_09.gif
Still lookin' though...)

Oh well...Just wanted to say Welcome Aboard!!

Until Later...

Enjoy!...

Welcome to SMF! Sounds like you already have a good handle on smokin'! Don't be afraid to ask questions and share your adventures with us... and we like pictures!
biggrin.gif

Welcome to SMF. Looing forward to hearing about your adventures with smoking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky