Results of following a recipe on SMF by Bearcarver w/Q view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thatcho

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 11, 2013
Pueblo, Co
Well had a couple snow day's here and decided to smoke the heck outta some Trout using a brine recipe from Bear. The following Q view is the result. Used a MB 30" Dual fuel propane smoker. Outside temps were 20 deg and humidity around 75 percent.

Trout supplied by my wife and kids.

Out of Bear's brine into fridge to get pellicle. and i tried filleting the two of the trout ended up as candied jerky.

The Pellet choice was Alder and Peach from Todd.  In microwave for moisture extraction.

Smoked 4 hours to IT 155.

Trout candy (what the kids left) just brushed Maple syrup and Raw honey a couple times through smoking process.

Only difference is i left out chili flakes and cayenne. Shot out to Bearcarver for his recipe and steps and time he took to post the recipe. It will be used again. My family thanks you.

That looks GREAT! I wish I had some trout so I could give it a try
th_crybaby2.gif
. I have used a bunch of Bear's recipes. Everyone of them were very tasty.

Happy smoken.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky